Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,213   Online: 863

Shooter
    35mm

Latest, last flea market camera.

Bought this off the guy that I bought the 21mm lens off of. It was ten dollars then, but nothing worked on it. I got it for five and nothing still worked . It's a Kalimar k 90 1000. I assumed it was Russian but its Cosina I think. The mirror was up, no shutter firing, no film advance movement, some leatheret coming off, but other than that a good 8 condition. Off with the bottom plate, some poking about with a screw driver, the mirror reset, film advance worked and shutter worked. ta da. I thought it was a k mount, nope. Something like a Minolta but none of my Minolta lens fit it, and its lens will not fit a Minolta. Not a Konica either. Anyway it works now, the meter is even fairly? accurate. One roll of film through it, sharp images, alas the frame counter doesn't work, guess it's only a 8.5 now..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Manual does say it's a PK mount.
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/kalimar...limar_k-90.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Its not k mount, not even close. I compared it to a few mounts on the internet and it resembles a Minolta. I for got to mention the mirror was also cracked. I've never seen a cracked mirror, but it does not show up when viewing or focusing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Any photos of both body and lens to post?

Shooter
    35mm

Kalimar k 90

Just checked on a classic camera web site and there were some Minolta mount k 90's made. What ever mine is a Minolta will not fit it.

Shooter
    35mm

Kalimar K90 mystery lens saga continues

Some one on Photo Net says this camera uses a Contax/Yashica lens mount. The mount picture looks real close. I have no Contax/ Yashica lens though, off to KEH for a bargain lens I guess. Good piece of glass on a 5 dollar camera. J. PS: I got a Olympus OM 1n plus auto winder this weekend for 10 bucks, guess this isn't the last last flea market camere anymore.

Shooter
    35mm
    Uugly lens from KEH, a Planar, in the mail. Sure hope it fits.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin