Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,602   Online: 1094

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Summicron, thanks for that link, it is incredible.
    I'm starting to buy a photo collection book now and then, and Smith is on the short list.
    Back on subject, I find a largish SLR will attract attention depending on where you are. In touristy areas, usually not, in small quiet towns where you're a stranger, you bet. Then, the excellent little Rollei B35 does it's stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    a news photographer in Iraq was killed by an Apache helicopter pilot because his long lensed DSLR looked, via targeting camera, like a bazooka or RPG.

"Shoulda used a Leica M3" was my first thought.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took my NikonD800 into town and one enthusiast wasasking me if I can still get fil,m for it.Itold him "on and off if you're lucky".
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I really get a lot of varied reactions when I load film.
    My wife told me off when I was loading my Mamiya 645 with my back to a nearby group of people at a tourist spot because she said me winding the handle with my back to the people when they couldn't see the camera looked odd!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I mostly shoot with dslr's/slr cameras (Canon 1ds mk II, Canon 1v, 5d mk III with battery grip), never felt any special attention, except from the times I use my white lenses on them. (canon 70-200 f2.8 L mostly).

However, I've been on two outings with my Rolleiflex'es in the city.
    - Both times I either got loooong looks/stares or had to start lecturing people about what this actually was.

The most discrete you can use now-days, is a small DSLR/SLR or a black compact, they are everywhere.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I get attention when I use my RB67.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    In UK there has been a certain amount of unwanted attention attracted by 'real' cameras including film and digital SLR's. Some people who don't know any better automatically assume that you are either press or someone with a tendancy towards taking images of children to post on the web for pedophiles to savour, or on the other hand you are somehow connected with a terrorist organisation gathering information for the next attack. (It has never actually happened to me)

Both way, way, over the top in their assumptions, it is just plain unconnected thinking 'cos a camera-phone would be a far more effective tool and attract less attention

Shooter
    35mm
    ahha) I do get looks, but mainly coz of the unusual skin colour of my cameras!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_8346.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	75145
    Check out "LightBurn Camera" on ebay, and "LightBurn Photo" on Facebook!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Helinophoto View Post
    I mostly shoot with dslr's/slr cameras (Canon 1ds mk II, Canon 1v, 5d mk III with battery grip), never felt any special attention, except from the times I use my white lenses on them. (canon 70-200 f2.8 L mostly).

However, I've been on two outings with my Rolleiflex'es in the city.
    - Both times I either got loooong looks/stares or had to start lecturing people about what this actually was.

The most discrete you can use now-days, is a small DSLR/SLR or a black compact, they are everywhere.
    Humm, I'm mostly ignored with either 35mm or my M645. The Yaschicamat 124 gets admiring looks and comments, but I've never had to lecture anyone on what it is. They all know it's a camera, and an old one, though those who stop to talk are surprised when I say you could get one almost just like it except more black, less chrome and a few different internal gears, brand new into the 90s.

Shooter
    35mm
    I usually take photos with my EOS film camera in scarsely populated ares, which in Finland are not so difficult to find after all. Sometimes I do get strange looks from squirrels and hares though...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin