Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,609   Online: 1074

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Geez next thing we are going to hear are SLR photographers pulling a Kanye and going off on the "lookers".
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    So I'm out shooting in a park with a little M43 Olympus E-PL1 with my senior citizen friends. I like shooting with a tripod when I'm doing landscapes. So this blonde chick comes over to see what I'm doing. Maybe she liked my tripod. So anyway she gets real close to see through the viewfinder. http://www.flickr.com/photos/alankle...57625797001770 Nothing like this use to happen when I was single and younger.

So my friend Mel, who's an artist and who shot the picture, decides to paint a likeness of the photo adding a goose posing for the shot for some humor. http://www.flickr.com/photos/alankle...57625797001770

You can't make this stuff up!

Hey Alan, nothing like that happens to me when I'm out with my film gear, I guess English chicks are rather less forthcoming than American ones!......nevertheless I'll give it a try with my Olympus 35RC and see what happens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goutiere View Post
    I worked for a small daily newspaper in the early 1960's. I used a 4x5 Speed Graphic with flash and power pack.

I always got noticed.

If you wanna get noticed, wear a 4x5 Speed Graphic with flash and power pack.
    Don't forget the fedora and the cigar.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Don't forget the fedora and the cigar.
    I was about 18 then, so no cigar, as for the fedora, this was in Canada so I had a toque.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Depends on the neigborhood. In this area, people tend to treat you will a lot of respect if you've got a big wooden tripod with an 8x10 atop it, but are suspicious when you're aiming an SLR, as if you're invading their privacy. Once a ways inland, the equivalent of our "Midwest" in California, if you set up a view camera they think you're either a terrorist or a spy for the UN and Al Gore, plotting how to confiscate their
    goats and chickens. ... With kids, around here they politely wait until you're done with the shot then approach and ask to look behind the
    darkcloth, and generally respond with "cooool!". With an SLR, they just think you're an uncool fuddy-duddy. But inland, kids throw rocks at you,
    and teenager and rednecks spin tires at you, either way, because they don't recognize either as a camera.

I am noticed with my Linhof 617,but absolutely invisible with my Mamiya 6.When I was shooting Dslrs they were just too noisy.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitvcactus View Post
    I get funny looks when I am out with my kowa six, or ae-1p. People are so surprised to see a 14-year old lugging around film gear. I even get asked by some if I can still get film for them, especially when loading reloaded old 35mm rolls!

rabbitvcactus

P.S. Hello! I'm new!
    Awesome, youngest photographer on APUG by far! Welcome, and don't stop shooting please! Gotta get your friends involved! Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goutiere View Post
    I was about 18 then, so no cigar, as for the fedora, this was in Canada so I had a toque.
    If you had been in Vancouver, it would have been a hood on a goretex jacket.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    19 years ago on holiday in Vancouver over the New Year period, for me it was both goretex jacket with hood and toque, (for warmth)
    Got quite cool while riding BC ferries all over the place. Stayed a couple of nights with friends on Saturna Island and the wind was howling!!

Tomorrow I'm off to the UK. Crazy niece of mine has booked her wedding for early December. Looks like it's gonna be quite chilly
    so I'm taking my 19 yo Canadian toque with me. It still looks like new as it has never been worn in Oz. I still have the goretex shell jacket
    made by, I think, the Mountain Equipment Company. A really well made garment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Medicine Hat Alberta......so, toque.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin