Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,124   Online: 1159

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have to remember back to 1977 when I bought my XE-7 new......it advanced nice but after all the years it didn't seem to be better or worse when I sold it maybe 8 years ago than any of the other used Nikons I have. Sure it was nice when it was new, it was OK when I got rid of it, however, I think some of my older Nikons which have never had a CLA work smoother for their age vs. the Minolta. I would have to drag one of them out, but I am thinking one of the FE's or FA's I have still advance as smooth as a baby's butt......whatever that means.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    35mm
    The original F1 is smoother than the new F1, IIRC
    The Nikon F3 and FG are smooth too, but it feels less tactile (you turn your thumb and feel no resistance)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    The original F1 is smoother than the new F1, IIRC
    The Nikon F3 and FG are smooth too, but it feels less tactile (you turn your thumb and feel no resistance)
    I have never owned an original F1,but doubt if your assertion is correct, have you actually ever owned an F1N ?.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    I have played with an F1n, but it was pretty beat up

On the other end of the spectrum, the Nikon F2... You feel every cog engage and the ratchet mechanism is LOUD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    I have played with an F1n, but it was pretty beat up

On the other end of the spectrum, the Nikon F2... You feel every cog engage and the ratchet mechanism is LOUD
    The F1n (lower case) is the updated version of the original F1 and mechanically virtually the same, the F1N (upper case) is a completely different camera with a hybrid electro/mechanical shutter and Silicon Photo Cell TTL metering http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...onf1n/spec.htm
    Last edited by benjiboy; 10-28-2013 at 05:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin