Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,076   Online: 741

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

My first Leica, WOW!

I have recently received my first Leica, a R4 with Summicron 50 f/2 lens. I have been a Nikon shooter for years and will not give them up, too much equipment invested in already, and I have been quite happy with all my Nikons film and digital. Aside from the focus being backwards, and learning the functions of this camera I am very impressed! I never really believed all the hype about optics quality associated with Leica, but just holding this lens up I can see a difference in contrast! The clarity, the color, very bright is quite impressive!

Still working through my test roll of Fuji Superia 200, but I noticed how smooth and quiet the camera functions compared to som of my others! I can see the allure of these now, and even though I think the prices of the lenses are a bit inflated, understand it better. Will I ever give up my Nikons? Don't think so. But, I will really think twice about which camera I grab for the day! Using it has been quite a joy! I might slow down on buying other cameras trying to save for more glass, but I can see these being addictive for sure!

Curious, who else here uses the Leica R series? I can see picking up another body eventually, but really would like more glass!

-Xander

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Just wait to hold a Leica rangefinder camera!

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You'll find that life's a GAS!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    One believes what one wants to believe. If you believe the Leica is superior we will soon see your superior photographs.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    One believes what one wants to believe. If you believe the Leica is superior we will soon see your superior photographs.
    But a very good machine to practice on.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, I don't believe it alone will take superior photographs, I know that its all up to me! If I took photos side by side with my Miranda F and 50 f/1.9 and the Leica 50 f/2 I really doubt I will, or anyone else, be able to spot the difference. But as a machine to use it is quite nice in hand! My rusted, dented, primered '66 VW beetle gets me to work just like a Rolls Royce would, but using the equipment is far more satisfying in is own way! I enjoy quality engineering.

I was just eyeballing the M4-P that was in the classifieds here, someday I would like to own one!

-Xander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quite impressive.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    I was just eyeballing the M4-P that was in the classifieds here, someday I would like to own one!

-Xander[/QUOTE]

Overall the M series are very nice interchangeable lens RF's. I have an M4-2 coming back from repair tomorrow and look foward to a few projects with it. My one main gripe is that Leica didn't build adjustable diopter into their otherwise well thought out M series film RF cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post

Overall the M series are very nice interchangeable lens RF's. I have an M4-2 coming back from repair tomorrow and look foward to a few projects with it. My one main gripe is that Leica didn't build adjustable diopter into their otherwise well thought out M series film RF cameras.
    Same thing with the R series, I would have to get extrnal diopter lenses for the VF eyepiece if shooting through my glasses was too much of a pain. I may get the rubber eyecup though.

-Xander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good fo you, practice is better when tools are appealing (regardless the final result).
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin