Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,303   Posts: 1,536,263   Online: 812

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not doubt there's some good American-made cars and some crappy German ones but my 1981 VW Scirocco GTI was one awesome car back in the day. My more recent 1996 BMW 325i and now-owned 2009 BMW 328i Sport were/are absolute dreams to drive and I've had no problems. My god BMW's handle well.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When you buy a Leica you're buying the assurance that this camera meets Leica's standards regardless of where it's made. The same thing when you buy Apple's iPad; you're buying the assurance that this chinese tablet meets the high standards of Apple.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    When you buy a Leica you're buying the assurance that this camera meets Leica's standards regardless of where it's made. The same thing when you buy Apple's iPad; you're buying the assurance that this chinese tablet meets the high standards of Apple.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Go to Detroit to see the american engineering and Tokyo to count radiation from mighty japanese engineering.
    You are better off looking at Boeing if you want the best of American engineering.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The label "made in germany" had been created in midth 19th century to help the british people to tell mediocre german industrial products from superior british made. As everyone knows, it did didn't serve its intended purpose right from the beginning and it does not in its changed interpretation now. Besides machine building and some other heavy industries I do not know of any significant industrial production which can claim to be really made in germany. Over all, supply chains are global nowadays. AFAIK Volkswagen labels its cars and any parts "made by Volkswagen", as do other automobile manufacturers as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    I owned a nice Leica thread-mount camera that made awesome photos. Later I found out it was a Russian knock-off. The photos all sucked after that.
    I have a Sears Tower Type 3, an American branded, Japanese copy, of a German design. I'll have you know that it takes awesome photos when I use Kodak film, passable photos when I use Fuji film, and really lousy photos when I use Adox film. For some reason I can't get the Ilford stuff to work at all!

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    what matters is how QC is done; not where it is done. the rest is make believe.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the modern term for 'overengineering 'is' robustness', and it is a good thing.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    You are better off looking at Boeing if you want the best of American engineering.
    Yes, and don't look at Hanford. Don't even go near it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    I have a Sears Tower Type 3, an American branded, Japanese copy, of a German design. I'll have you know that it takes awesome photos when I use Kodak film, passable photos when I use Fuji film, and really lousy photos when I use Adox film. For some reason I can't get the Ilford stuff to work at all!
    I have a Japanese copy of a German design, currently fitted with a Soviet version of a German lens made with captured Zeiss equipment.
    It takes nice pictures with Kodak film, I wish I had some Agfa to put in it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin