Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,436   Online: 831
      
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    A buddy of mine bought a brand new Super Program right when they came out. . . He was wanting to shoot some double exposure shots and told me that his camera couldn't do that so he borrowed my Contax 139.

    If you want to shoot double exposures this may be something you want to look into. I don't know if my buddy knew what he was talking about or not.
    You can do multiple exposure on all of these manual Pentax without the dedicated multiexposure control - as well as other brands, as follows:
    1. Take the first exposure
    2. Tighten film rewind and hold
    3. Press the film rewind button
    4. Advance the film and take second exposure on same frame

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    Thanks! So, if I understood correctly I will lose "Program" mode if I use an "M" lens. Not that I shoot much in Program mode; I prefer Aperture Priority when it comes to automation. It would be nice to have Program mode as a feature (when I hand the camera over to someone else for a quick snapshot), but not really essential in my case. I can live without Program mode as long as I have Aperture Priority mode.
    Program and Shutter priority modes require the A lenses. For snapshots, aperture priority is good enough and the TTL flash makes flash photography a snap. The brochure may help -> Pentax Super Program
    You can't beat the going price for these either.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    You can do multiple exposure on all of these manual Pentax without the dedicated multiexposure control - as well as other brands, as follows:
    1. Take the first exposure
    2. Tighten film rewind and hold
    3. Press the film rewind button
    4. Advance the film and take second exposure on same frame
    That's what I told him but he said it wouldn't work. Like I said, he may not of known what he was doing.

  4. #14
    snegron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hot, Muggy, Florida
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Program and Shutter priority modes require the A lenses. For snapshots, aperture priority is good enough and the TTL flash makes flash photography a snap. The brochure may help -> Pentax Super Program
    You can't beat the going price for these either.
    Thanks for the link!

  5. #15
    John_Nikon_F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Duvall, WA, USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,415
    Images
    2
    Also, if you're looking for a black version, the Super A is that camera. Had one for a while. Re: the frame counter issue - seems to happen to a few of them. Friend of mine in Canada has a Super Prog with a stuck frame counter as well. Anyway, a Super A with a 1st generation Spottie.



    -J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/135/3.5-4.5 AIS, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

    My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

  6. #16
    snegron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hot, Muggy, Florida
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Also, if you're looking for a black version, the Super A is that camera. Had one for a while. Re: the frame counter issue - seems to happen to a few of them. Friend of mine in Canada has a Super Prog with a stuck frame counter as well. Anyway, a Super A with a 1st generation Spottie.



    -J


    Beautiful cameras indeed!

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minden Hills, Ontario, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    214
    That film counter stuck at 36, try a drop of lighter fluid on the reset button at top right of film door.
    My Super Program has the common Pentax bug: Advance lever no longer resets shutter, just cranks on and on.
    Take off bottom cover and re-bend shutter release lever. They get bent away from the contacting lever.
    Otherwise a great camera.(with batteries in it!).

    /Clay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin