Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,370   Online: 810

Shooter
    35mm RF

Nikon Lens Repair

Can anyone recommend a place in the UK that I can have my lens repaired. I have a Nikon 80-200 f2.8 AFS that seems to have got some kind of mould or growth on some of the glass elements. Hopefully it will clean off and has not damaged the coating. Any nikon owners used somewhere they were happy with?

Thanks.
    Last edited by poppers; 11-10-2013 at 12:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    http://www.fixationuk.com/Fixation/Repairs.html

They have replaced front elements for me, (near mint from *-bay) and other jobs. Prompt reliable and the Pros choice I was told by a real photojournalist in London.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/

Photographer not a job description - a diagnosis.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I note you're in the north-west. I've heard of a well recommended repair company called Newton & Ellis, I believe they are in Liverpool. I've no experience of them myself, maybe others on this forum have and can give you their contact details.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks guys. I'll check them both out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by poppers View Post
    Can anyone recommend a place in the UK that I can have my lens repaired. I have a Nikon 80-200 f2.8 AFS that seems to have got some kind of mould or growth on some of the glass elements. Hopefully it will clean off and has not damaged the coating. Any nikon owners used somewhere they were happy with?

Thanks.
    I always went to jim Isle? in billericay,Essex,but can't find his contact details at the moment. he is excellent.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin