Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,582   Online: 1145

Shooter
    35mm

Infrared film ORWO NI 750

I bought on ebay these Infrared expired films, but later faced some troubles. Films not come in yet, I expected in one week. Problem is - I could not find any information about this film. No technical info, no examples. I think, this is film should be looks like on Konica IR750 and would like to use for taking pictures IR filter on 750 nm. What number of apperture and shutter speed should I use?

May be somebody has links to information about this film?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by AlexRT; 11-12-2013 at 02:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The stability of a spectral sensitization varies. In general terms the more into the infrared, the lesser the stabilty.
    So there is a great chance that your film has lost that IR, if not red at all, sensitization, if it is a film made by ORWO.
    Though your film may also be of recent make from Filmotec branded as ORWO, then in the best case one should apply a filter factor of 8.

-) use different filters from dark red, to very near IR filtration

-) make a series of exposures starting at the low end of the film-speed range.

-) aperture and shutter speed alone do not matter at all if it is about achieving an IR-effect. It is only the combination, the exposure value (amount of light hitting the film) that matters.
    Last edited by AgX; 11-12-2013 at 04:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    would like to use for taking pictures IR filter on 750 nm
    750nm is the long-wavelength limit of the film. You should use a filter with a shorter cutoff (650? 680?) if you want some photons to reach the film (assuming it still has nominal response).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    for the konica I use 1/4s @ 16 with an 89b filter. That's almost always printable. Sorry I can't help further.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin