Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,014   Online: 766

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by krisb1981 View Post
    No it doesn't say K, but the barrel has 1:1 marking that is reached when the lens is extended all the way. How much exposure should I add at the most extended point? two stops? 1 stop?
    If your lens has a diamond textured rubber focussing ring, and is marked as you say, it is a 'K' version.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes it is P Auto with diamond grip. So, there is no "K" mark? And K version is the auto compensating aperture or not? Please excuse my ignorance with this lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes it is P Auto with diamond grip. So, there is no "K" mark? And K version is the auto compensating aperture or not? Please excuse my ignorance with this lens.
    This is a quote of my post #9:
    "Mechanical compensation, cams. "Auto" means auto diaphragm, it stops down when you take the picture and opens back to max. aperture for viewing and focussing, they all said "auto", standards, wideangles, etc. Yours, if it is indeed the 'K' version, does not have a compensating diaphragm and does not focus to 1:1 without an extension tube. I have the identical lens, there are two ratio scales - one from infinity to 1/2 lifesize, and one from 1/2 lifesize to 1/1 lifesize for use with the tube. "
    As I mentioned, all (and more) of this information is available at the Mir site I linked you to.

There is no 'K' mark on the lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK. But do you have to compensate when at 1:2? and if yes then how much?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    This is a quote of my post #9:
    "Mechanical compensation, cams. "Auto" means auto diaphragm, it stops down when you take the picture and opens back to max. aperture for viewing and focussing, they all said "auto", standards, wideangles, etc. Yours, if it is indeed the 'K' version, does not have a compensating diaphragm and does not focus to 1:1 without an extension tube. I have the identical lens, there are two ratio scales - one from infinity to 1/2 lifesize, and one from 1/2 lifesize to 1/1 lifesize for use with the tube. "
    As I mentioned, all (and more) of this information is available at the Mir site I linked you to.

There is no 'K' mark on the lens.
    OK I see that now. There are two scales as you said. One goes down to 1:2 at 24.1 cm. The other one is etched on the barrel and reads 1:2, 1:1.5 and 1:1 ans it would be used with extension rings. And I assume there is no need to compensate the exposure when at 1:2, right?

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    OK I see that now. There are two scales as you said. One goes down to 1:2 at 24.1 cm. The other one is etched on the barrel and reads 1:2, 1:1.5 and 1:1 ans it would be used with extension rings. And I assume there is no need to compensate the exposure when at 1:2, right?
    You would have to compensate, although not much (testing your specific situation is probably the best course of action). I know with my other lenses that do 1:1 it gets more noticeable as you go from 1:2 to 1:1 but not as much from infinity down to 1:2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Um, er, ah, ignoring complexities due to pupillary magnification not equal to 1.0, the magic formula for exposure compensation given magnification is effective aperture = aperture set (f/ number) * magnification + 1

At 1:2, magnification = 0.5 so you'll need approximately 1 stop more light or exposure time or to open up one stop from whatever the meter says. At 1:1, magnification = 1.0, 2 stops more light or exposure time or open up two stops from whatever the meter says. If your camera has TTL autoexposure it will take care of this for you, whether you want it to or not.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Um, er, ah, ignoring complexities due to pupillary magnification not equal to 1.0, the magic formula for exposure compensation given magnification is effective aperture = aperture set (f/ number) * magnification + 1

At 1:2, magnification = 0.5 so you'll need approximately 1 stop more light or exposure time or to open up one stop from whatever the meter says. At 1:1, magnification = 1.0, 2 stops more light or exposure time or open up two stops from whatever the meter says. If your camera has TTL autoexposure it will take care of this for you, whether you want it to or not.
    Since the lens by itself only goes to 1:2 then one stop will suffice, right? when the ring is attached as to give me 1:1 then 2 stops must be dialed in. Thank you for all your time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post

To clarify, that's if the meter reading is not taken through the lens, or through the lens with the lens focused at or near infinity. Through the lens metering will always compensate for light loss due to close or macro focusing. If you are using through the lens metering on a manual camera and meter when at your desired focus point, it will read correctly, as it is reading the actual amount of light reaching the image plane.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, Thank you very much. I am enlightened now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin