Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,806   Online: 680

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nikkor P Micro 55 f/3.5

I just got this lens and after reading some materials online I have more questions now than before. When using macro with digital, the camera compensates for light fall off by changing the aperture. What happens with this lens? I read somewhere that the P lenses have compensating aperture when focused to 1:1. Is that the case? I also read somewhere that this lens doesn't do 1:1, but it is clearly marked on the barrel 1:1. Any help here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Be careful what you read. 'P' means it has five (penta) elements, that's all. There were several versions of that lens, look here - http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...0nikkor/micro/

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    If your camera (whether it is film or digital) has an automatic exposure mode, you can forget about the compensating aperture and just shoot it. The compensating aperture only comes into play when you have manual exposure modes and focus close, so you don't have to factor in the extension adjustment (like bellows factor in LF).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It does read P Auto on the barrel. According to mir. com is the newer type with diamond focus grip. I still don't know how it can compensate since there are no electronics to know what it going on.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    It's adjusting based on focus distance, if it is indeed the compensating aperture version.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well I use it on Nikon F, the original F, so the it's all manual. I dont mind compensating, I am used to that with Mamiya TLR, but how much.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    That's just it, it does it for you...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So The P Auto is it? the compensating version? or the Auto is simply auto stop down aperture?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by krisb1981 View Post
    It does read P Auto on the barrel. According to mir. com is the newer type with diamond focus grip. I still don't know how it can compensate since there are no electronics to know what it going on.
    Mechanical compensation, cams. "Auto" means auto diaphragm, it stops down when you take the picture and opens back to max. aperture for viewing and focussing, thay all said "auto", standards, wideangles, etc. Yours, if it is indeed the 'K' version, does not have a compensating diaphragm and does not focus to 1:1 without an extension tube. I have the identical lens, there are two ratio scales - one from infinity to 1/2 lifesize, and one from 1/2 lifesize to 1/1 lifesize for use with the tube.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Mechanical compensation, cams. "Auto" means auto diaphragm, it stops down when you take the picture and opens back to max. aperture for viewing and focussing, thay all said "auto", standards, wideangles, etc. Yours, if it is indeed the 'K' version, does not have a compensating diaphragm and does not focus to 1:1 without an extension tube. I have the identical lens, there are two ratio scales - one from infinity to 1/2 lifesize, and one from 1/2 lifesize to 1/1 lifesize for use with the tube.
    No it doesn't say K, but the barrel has 1:1 marking that is reached when the lens is extended all the way. How much exposure should I add at the most extended point? two stops? 1 stop?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin