Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,260   Online: 1010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As an alternative you can still send cameras to Minox in Germany, they offer a repair service for out of production cameras, granted that the still have parts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used the 35EL frequently for 25 years without the slightest problem. I must have been very lucky!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another Minox ex owner here. My EL worked for all of about 2 minutes, then the meter stopped working and the aperture would only stop down to f8 no matter how far you turned it. Thank goodness I had bought it at a camera store and not from an auction site, so I made an easy return. They were going to let me know if it had been repaired by their staff but never got back. The concept is fine, but the actual camera, that seems to be the problem. Sure was a lot of fun to play with though.

The samples from the Minox cameras look great from what I see online. There's been a lot of emulation, if you will, by other camera makers over the years. More than a few of them made Minox clones, especially the Soviets (many with non light-proof body AND aperture blades it seems). Now that's a bad concept....a Soviet knockoff of a camera that never worked right in the first place.
    Last edited by momus; 11-14-2013 at 01:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    It now works but so intermittent so it's kinda useless. The shutter also sometimes not work. The meter is over 3 stops off. It reads too high. Well I will put this camera as for display only. It looks great, no scratches or anything. No worn due to handling either. So it's good for display not for use.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Has the cause of all those problems been traced and published?

Shooter
    35mm
    I have two 35ELs. They have sharp lenses but are difficult to use and not very well made. Even though the Rollei 35 models are larger and heavier I enjoy using them much more. Going up a little more in size to a Konica Auto S3/C35FD or Minolta Hi-Matic 7SII gives me a lot more flexibility and these cameras also have very sharp lenses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin