Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,598   Online: 743

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Probem with Minox 35GL

Minox 35 GL meter doesn't move. I have battery in it. Battery check good the meter needle moves. But pointing the camera to light doesn't make the meter moves. The shutter seems to work according to the amount of light and aperture. Anyone has any idea?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Minox 35 GL meter doesn't move. I have battery in it. Battery check good the meter needle moves. But pointing the camera to light doesn't make the meter moves. The shutter seems to work according to the amount of light and aperture. Anyone has any idea?
    I had the same problem with the same camera; sent it to Minox twice;then gave up on the camera;neat handy but fragile operation; still miss it.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Nice cameras, when they work. Of the six Minox 35 cameras that I've owned, just one has been problem-free.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1! I love them, I have four of them, yet none works. I am still to buy another one, but not from ebay, else if I get a non working one again that would make me five times stupid.
    I will definitely get a working one, but will have to test it in person if it actually works.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me too, probably old age (both of us)

This might be of help although the website looks dated

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/Leica/page2.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have sent an email to that Luton Leica stated at the top of that page. If they still repair these, I will definitely get two of my mint ones fixed! Fingers crossed!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by zanxion72 View Post
    I have sent an email to that Luton Leica stated at the top of that page. If they still repair these, I will definitely get two of my mint ones fixed! Fingers crossed!
    If that's "CRR Luton", there is reference on the "rangefinder" forum that they aren't accepting any further repairs this year (I was looking around for a Leica projector repair).

I don't know if the official Leica company does anything with Minox, as it is many years since they were the distributors, but they may know something?

I'd be interested to know if you find a repairer, as I have a couple of the cameras, one with an erratic meter.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I bet Don Goldberg could fix 'em -- I know he works on Minox 8X11 cameras. See www.dagcam.com -- that's his repair parts site, and he still has a separate page for Minox 35 parts. Shoot him an email. I've always been satisfied with the work he's done on my Leicas etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    I bet Don Goldberg could fix 'em -- I know he works on Minox 8X11 cameras. See www.dagcam.com -- that's his repair parts site, and he still has a separate page for Minox 35 parts. Shoot him an email. I've always been satisfied with the work he's done on my Leicas etc.
    That link did not work, try http://www.dagcamera.com/
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I used an EL and a GL until they had a similar problem. There are two meters in the camera, not one. One operates the diaphragm and the other the visible needle. One of yours has died. I was never able to get this repaired even before the "D" days. SInce the meter operating the diaphragm is working, I suggest you cotinue to use the camera, even though it is disconcerting to nt see the needle move.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin