Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,510   Online: 965

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

35mm Purchase Mistake?

I recently posted a thread here requesting opinions on the Pentax Super Program. I went to the auction site Shopgoodwill.om and had the winning bid on a Pentax Super Program body. I received an email informing me that I had won, so I went back to the site and paid for the camera. I checked back on the site during the last several days and the status shows that it has not shipped.

I verified with my credit card that the payment to shopgoodwill went through. I called up the Goodwill (Seattle store) to inquire about my order. I spoke with a very curt male individual who told me that they had received payment. When I asked if it was going to be shipped to me he said "Yes. Is that all you wanted to know?" Then he hung up.

It still shows as "order not shipped". The original disclaimer on the auction page indicated that the item would be shipped within 5 days of receiving payment. I emailed the auction site and Goodwill Seattle, but have gotten no response.

Anyone else here ever had a similar issue with Shopgoodwill auction site? Does it normally take over 5 days for them to ship something out? I am starting to wonder if they even had that Pentax Super program to begin with. I am going to give them a few more days and if I don't get anywhere with them I will cancel the order through my credit card.

True shame as I really wanted to play around with that Pentax Super Program.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Each store ships, so the issue is with this one store. I have bought several cameras from Shopgoodwill without issue.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    Each store ships, so the issue is with this one store. I have bought several cameras from Shopgoodwill without issue.

I got a pretty bad vibe after speaking with that store employee over the phone that one time, so I am monitoring my credit card activity closely. I hope this wasn't some sort of scam!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've not used shopgoodwill.com but bought plenty of books from goodwill via other sites and foundthem to be 100% reliable and almost totally uncommunicative. After the first time I stopped worrying and just waited for my purchases to show up on the door step.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If it doesn't ship, send them a letter of demand. If that doesn't work, reverse the charges through your credit card.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought quite a number of items. Sometimes they ship the last day ( 5 days or whatever ), so just patience is needed I think. I've never had any problem at all and there have been multiple good surprises ( better shape than I expected. ) I know it depends on the store, but the cameras have all been carefully wrapped with bubble wrap or packed neatly in foam "peanuts".

I think the Seattle store usually has quite a few photography related items and they tend to start their prices higher ( like minimum $9.99 instead of no minimum or $4 or$5, even for things that are not going to sell for more than $10. ) I think maybe they take a slightly higher handling fee too... funny that you've mentioned them specifically, because I have a tendency to pick a different store too when there is an option... there is some kind of "vibe"...

Good luck I'm sure it will be fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wouldn't sweat it much.
    The guy on the phone hadn't had his Madd Dog yet that day and Goodwill is a pretty reputable outfit.

The real beef I have with them is their exorbitant shipping fees.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    I recently posted a thread here requesting opinions on the Pentax Super Program. I went to the auction site Shopgoodwill.om and had the winning bid on a Pentax Super Program body. I received an email informing me that I had won, so I went back to the site and paid for the camera. I checked back on the site during the last several days and the status shows that it has not shipped.

I verified with my credit card that the payment to shopgoodwill went through. I called up the Goodwill (Seattle store) to inquire about my order. I spoke with a very curt male individual who told me that they had received payment. When I asked if it was going to be shipped to me he said "Yes. Is that all you wanted to know?" Then he hung up.

It still shows as "order not shipped". The original disclaimer on the auction page indicated that the item would be shipped within 5 days of receiving payment. I emailed the auction site and Goodwill Seattle, but have gotten no response.

Anyone else here ever had a similar issue with Shopgoodwill auction site? Does it normally take over 5 days for them to ship something out? I am starting to wonder if they even had that Pentax Super program to begin with. I am going to give them a few more days and if I don't get anywhere with them I will cancel the order through my credit card.

True shame as I really wanted to play around with that Pentax Super Program.
    Seattle Goodwill is evidently slow to ship. I won a Starblitz flash unit at their location on 11/5, paid for it on 11/6, and saw the item status finally change to 'Shipped' on 11/13, with scheduled delivery on 11/19.

I had a similar experience with Tacoma Goodwill: won the auction and paid for a Mamiya MSX 500 on October 28, and waited until November 4 for the status to change to 'shipped' with a tracking number. I e-mailed requesting a status update, but received no reply. The MSX 500 was shipped UPS ground, and the trip from Tacoma to Long Island took a solid week. The camera was finally delivered Monday, a full two weeks after auction end and payment.

Why these Washington state offices hold shipments a week after receiving payment is a mystery

By contrast, items from Goodwill of Middle Tennessee in Nashville, Goodwill of Great Falls (Montana), Goodwill of the Heartland (Iowa City, IA), and Goodwill of Central Florida in Orlando were shipped the day after payment, with the Iowa and Tennessee branches shipping via Priority Mail, no less.

I didn't note your location, but the fall foliage peak will certainly have passed before your Super Program is delivered. One bit of advice from personal experience: don't try to dry-fire the Super Program in any other shutter speed than X125 without first verifying its batteries are good (I've jammed up more than one M- and A- series Pentax body that way).

Thanks and best regards,
    Vince

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never had them not come through. I have seen it take two weeks for them to get an order out. It has been the exception, rather than the rule. Thankfully...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Seattle is a mad house, lots of people running around and pretty much a central clearing house for a wide net. I wouldn't sweat it. It will get to you. Most of the people who work there probably don't view it as a fast track to management and the big bucks. Someone answering the phone there probably has five people at that counter screaming for attention all at once. That is especially true at the counter they use for what they call "higher end" items.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin