Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,881   Online: 1045

Shooter
    35mm

Gas with a twist, this never happened before.

The title sounds like an abdominal issue. Off to the thrift store today, got a Pentax zx50 for 2 dollars and change, 16 dollars later for a battery and off to the races. A camera motor starts running as soon as the batteries are installed, even though the camera is in the off position. Several passes thru the on off area, batteries in and out. little motor keeps running, shutter won't fire. Camera into the dead pile, and lens off to another Pentax, ZX5N, a really nice camera. I put batteries in it and test fire with another lens and it works fine. Put the lens on from the old camera and the ZX5N does exactly the same thing the dead camera did.!! I'm so mad I can hardly see straight. Both cameras into the dead pile. As near as I can tell , the lens is pushing the auto focus gear of the camera out of place. That lens is on top of the dead pile also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The bodies might be fine.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The bodies might be fine.
    Nope, the lens focus gear is pushed into the body on both cameras and will not move, reset or anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So neither camera will now work with a different lens? Or with no lens?

Shooter
    35mm
    Nope, both cameras are dead as a door nail. I did see another used Pentax today, but I fought off the urge of Gas.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin