Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,648   Online: 809

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it's not locking it's probably missing the locking locking spring.

The locking spring is right under the black plate beneath the RW knob. The plate is held in place
    with a "C" clip. When that's removed, the plate can be lifted off and you should see two springs, one coil spring and a spring that does the actual locking looks a lot like a hairpin and is at about 12-1 o'clock.
    Last edited by John Koehrer; 11-20-2013 at 04:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    If it's not locking it's probably missing the locking lever or the(probably) the spring for it.
    The lever is right under the black plate beneath the RW knob.

Is that something I can replace, or is it better to send it off?

Shooter
    35mm
    the winding knob doesn't lock like the other one.
    So, the 2 cameras are different, right? Someone changed the rewind fork for a similar model, but different. It shouldn't be a problem, but you might want to talk with an expert repairer and see what he says.
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When the rewind knob came apart on my FE, I managed to find all of hte pieces and it took a repairman about 3.5 minutes to put it back toegther again. I, for some odd reason, could not get it back together properly despite several attempts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hee, hee.
    I was just editing the post with a bit more detail when you asked that one.. It's not hard to do. Unscrew the knob, remove the "C" clip & the plate lifts off. Shouldn't be more than 5 minutes.
    Two things to be aware of though. The "C" clip and locking spring can both join all the lost socks in the 4th dimension when they launch.
    If you would like I can replace the spring and fix up the lever for you. I'm thinking $10.00 & you pick up shipping both ways.

PM me if you would like.
    John
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks John!

I'll run a roll through it this weekend and see how it functions. If its an issue I'll take you up on your offer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin