Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,954   Posts: 1,586,010   Online: 671

Shooter
    Multi Format

Miranda Sensorex lightmeter

For those who might remember this one.... Just got a clean Sensorex as a inexpensive revisit to my first 35mm. The meter needle seems to work, but the bombsite match needle (moved by the outrigger lens arm) is too far down in it's adjusting compensation. It only moves up about 1/4 of the frame. And it seems backwards... as I raise the match needle up to center on the meter needle, and the aperature shrinks when it should open, I would think. I can't remember this from the one I had years ago, but it seems the match needle is off it's calibration? I can get the needle to halfway up in the screen if I'm at f16 and 1000/sec. I had to put in a zinc air 675 to get it running, but the +.1 volt wouldn't have that much of an effect. These finders come off and I think I can get at the needle by unscrewing the screen, but in retrospect, the match needle probably may be adjusted under the top housing somewhere... I probably could use it manually until I figure it out. I normally use OMs, and this is one heavy machine...
    -Bob G.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I vaguely remember something about setting the maximium aperture of whichever lens you are using on that camera.
    I'd recommend finding the owner's manual and reading it before you fiddle with anything.
    As for zinc-air vs. mercury cells, the voltage difference is very roughly .05v. I use the z-a cells in two Nikkormats, a clip-on meter for old Pentaxes, and a Gossen LunaSix with no accuracy problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Right... there's the lens max opening dial off to the top left and that's set correctly to the 1.8 lens I have on there, although the movement to other max settings on it affects the match needle a bit, but not a lot. I think I've down loaded a manual somewhere... let me see if the answers there... I'm not one to dive into the inside right off... It seems like a mechanical thing, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few years ago I found a Miranda Fv in a dumpster, it had a 350mm Soligor lens on it, was painted with acrylic paints in a camouflage pattern, and the whole shebang was mounted on one of those shoulder stock things that would likely get a SWAT team called on you these days. I removed the camo garbage, threw the stock back in the dumpster, and found that the camera was fully functional and the lens is actually pretty decent! I keep saying I'll get a standard lens for it just to use once in a while.

Instruction manual - http://www.butkus.org/chinon/miranda.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin