Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,907   Online: 979

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Komura 200mm f3.5 with unidapter 47mm to exakta mount...what to do?

What can I do with this lens?

I have a pristine example of this preset style lens with a Komura 2x adapter, lens hood, and caps with a crappy but original case.

Is there any hope of making this fit a Nikon, canon FD or Eos mount? I cant find any adapters available anywhere and few people seem to know what they are.
    Could it possibly work on a a mamiya m645? oops wrong forum...

I would like to try and use this on something, but its an odd duck with very few references on the web. I have one very broken Exakta camera and I do not want to buy another 35mm camera just for this.

I am selling off a bunch of stuff as it is to pay for film.

If no one has any ideas, I will probably just put it up for trade and see what I get.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Exakta's register (flange to film distance) is on the short side- as a rule, you can only adapt to systems with a shorter register if you want to hit infinity. Your can adapt the lens to FD, which has an even shorter register, but none of the other systems you mentioned will work (although, probably some sort of mount conversion to EOS is possible, at great cost- the difference is <1mm). Canon made an adapter for exakta lenses, if you can find one.

Shooter
    35mm
    The exakta adapter on the lens can be removed. Are there unidapters available anywhere?

Shooter
    35mm
    The way I read this, you have a lens with an adapter for Exacta. Rather than look for an Exacta-to-? adapter, try to find a Nikon F or Canon FD adapter for this lens. Somewhere in my boxes of parts I have a junked 28mm Komura lens with an interchangeable Nikon mount. If I can find it I'll send you the mount for postage.

Edit: you posted while I was typing. yes, there are used adapters; you might look for them attached to lenses instead of separate.

Shooter
    35mm
    Awesome, That would be great! IF you find it let me know!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Izzat just a brand name for a "T" adapter?
    Those were pretty common once upon a time.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Izzat just a brand name for a "T" adapter?
    Those were pretty common once upon a time.
    I have a very early Tamron 135mm lens with a matching 2X converter that sounds similar to the OP's lens (except FL). It's Exacta mount but with an adapter, I remember T mount lenses in my youth but never knew (and still don't) what the criteria is (was).

They were always stop down or preset.

Ian

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Do you have access to a lathe? You could machine the Exacta adapter down to a distance that would allow you to bolt a cheap eBay M42/EOS (or whatever would be easiest for you to use) adapter to it. More work but would get you a usable lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think Komura's had their own adapter system and it was not 'T' mount. Ran into the same problem with a 300mm Vemar lens I picked up. At a glance I thought it was 'T' mount but the threads were slightly larger. I thought that was strange since I have a 200mm f4.5 Vemar that is 'T' mount.

Shooter
    35mm
    Its time for pictures: should have started that way...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7045.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	77239
    In the above photo, you can see the whole lens with x2 adapter

Name:	IMG_7046.JPG 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	77240
    Above: x2 adapter removed. the tube between silver exakta adapter is hollow and can also be removed with yet another unkown thread type, NOT 42mm

Name:	IMG_7047.JPG 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	77241
    Above left: T mount (42mm diameter @ .75 tpm) adapter from a different lens. Above right: Unidapter 47mm Diameter to exakta mount.

Name:	IMG_7048.JPG 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	77242
    Above: whole lens with adapter removed. Black ring is T mount to exakta just to hold the silver one up.

At 47mm T mounts are just pointless.

I have a lathe, but it does not do metric threads....:-(
    Last edited by trythis; 11-20-2013 at 06:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin