Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,088   Online: 1042

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    The X-370 is a pleasant camera to use and has a nice bright finder. When I had one I found the older MC Rokkor lenses with the depth of field preview tab. The capacitor replacement is an easy repair. I eventually traded my X-370 for an X-700 so I could change the focusing screen but bot are good. All of the 50/1.4 Minolta manual focus lenses are good.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd at least run a test roll through it. Earlier this year, I taught a friend's 13 year old son how to use his Minolta X-370n and was generally pleased with the camera. The prints from Fujicolor 200 were sharp and well balanced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wrote a whole big entry saying nothing that hasn't been said already. Anyway, it's a nice camera. I actually like mine better than my x-700, but the x-570 is my favorite. I didn't know they made a f1.4 - it must be a wonderful lens. Was there ever a bad Minolta brand prime lens? As long is it doesn't end up in a landfill, whatever you decide will be good.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    The X-370 is a pleasant camera to use and has a nice bright finder. When I had one I found the older MC Rokkor lenses with the depth of field preview tab. The capacitor replacement is an easy repair. I eventually traded my X-370 for an X-700 so I could change the focusing screen but bot are good. All of the 50/1.4 Minolta manual focus lenses are good.
    Yes it is, remove the bottom cover and there it is ready to swap. But, if you have to order and pay shipping on one single replacement 3v 100mfd (IIRC) miniature capacitor, it becomes not worth bothering with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Over the past couple of years, I've given 5 or 6 film camera kits (maybe one or two more) and a couple of darkroom kits to undergraduate college students. That helps to keep analogue alive and frees up space for me. Check with your local college/university photography/art department. Actually, check with the instructors if you can identify who they are. Bill Barber

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin