Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,975   Posts: 1,523,634   Online: 1102

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    dunno what ur deadline is, but if you start hunting now I bet you can find a goodly pile of Olympus Stylus cameras for $5 each at thrift stores, yard sales and the like in short order. They're almost a standard stock item at Deseret Industries in Utah.

Put the word out to your friends, especially at church/work, that you want usable Olympus Stylus and similar cameras for your wedding.

Get a big box to keep them in. A BIG box.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My wife and I were married outdoors in a beautiful setting near Pt. Reyes along the California coast. We put disposable cameras on all the guest tables. I don't know what happened but we never got any of them back! So my advice is to attach a note asking to use up the film and return to a designated place at the reception or person.

We hired a photographer. But I have a lifelong friend who is a talented photographer, and he took many informal pictures during the wedding, and put them into a little book for us. Those are a treasure. They captured what it was like to be there that day. I didn't know he was going to do it and I didn't ever notice him taking photos. That little book means more to us than all the photos we planned for, by a huge amount.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Once all those 20 cameras are in house one has to clean them, get the different batteries in house too and check them basically . Then still you got 20 different models which could be a problem if the users are totally unaware. They hardly get help from the person sitting next to them as that person will have got a different model.

I would not think of these issues as major problem but you should be aware of them.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The OP wants to use b&w film. Getting single-use cameras with colour film should not be a problem in Hong-Kong, no reason to ship them from the UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    quite righ, AgX. i've deleted my dim-bulb post

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You will spend more on batteries and film than you will on cameras.

Shooter
    Large Format
    As others have mentioned. Getting twenty used point & shoot 35mm cameras isn't difficult but, even finding batteries for some of them might be. I've a bin in the garage with at least five used P&S 35mm cameras....only one take ordinary AAA batteries. The rest need something exotic/expensive/extinct.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you think the disposables would underexpose at 400 due to the space, why not just push process the film, and let the camera do whatever it does?
    Is the venue available to you to shoot a test roll?

Shooter
    35mm
    P&S models have the highest fail rate of any used cameras I have purchased.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Buy 20 Olympus mju f3.5 (f2.8 are more expansive). They are very good, almost always in good working condition, with flash that gives nice results.
    Later take films - and give cameras as gift to your guests .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin