Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,732   Online: 900

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Normally everyone at a wedding will have a DP&S and a cam phone cept for me.

Ask for email of all the shots.

Only photog students will know what a film camera is and not all of them.

Stopped by student and teacher in a street market. The student had a monster DSLR.

So she focused my Canon P, after some instruction, pushed the shutter button after some more, and when told how to operate the wind on lever, said

'you mean it's got tape inside it?'

That is not the punch line...

eventually after a dialogue about contra jour and silhouettes, exposure, metering etc. the camera vanished from her hands and her tudor demonstrated the focus scale and depth of field scale.

The punch line was what the Tudor said

'we have power point slides of depth of field scales but none of the collegue cameras have focus and depth of field scales'...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    if you want to go disposable

just google disposable wedding camera packs like this
    http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

if you want something else, well, you have to search and hunt for them ...

good luck !
    john

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have an orphaned Canon EOS Rebel something with the kit zoom lens that I use as a P&S - seems like these could be purchased for around your $20 per camera target.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    I have an orphaned Canon EOS Rebel something with the kit zoom lens that I use as a P&S - seems like these could be purchased for around your $20 per camera target.
    True but bizarre, you can buy a high tech, multi-mode SLR for little more than a disposable camera. Personally, I wouldn't give out cameras to guests, just get them to email their best shots after the wedding and you can compile a DVD for interested parties.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Something else to consider. Guests will probably want to see the shot they took of Uncle "So and so". Do you really want all those print orders? Might want to see about a film that can be processed and scanned inexpensively (XP2?) then printed on your own schedule.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think you'll be fine pushing the film. It might look really arty.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi,
    As mentioned by someone else, try to get some Olympus Mju cameras, if possible the Mju-II.
    See: http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Olympus_mju_II
    It's a real point and shoot camera, but it has a very good autofocus, a decent flash and a very good lightmeter. I shot many B&W film with mine and I had excellent images. And any one can point it and push a single button. You don't even have to use the view finder.

Or just "hire" a few nephews, give them an afternoon camera workshop and have them shoot several films for you, as well. Maybe some adult, who knows analogue cameras, can chaparone them and reload the cameras...

But above all, make sure you're not involved in this in any way on your wedding day itself: because it's your wedding day !!!!

I wish you all the blessings from God in your marriage and a beautiful wedding day.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin