Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,955   Online: 1116

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop View Post
    +1 for the T90. Yes, I get a few Es every now and then, but it just pull the battery compartment out half an inch, then push it back in, and we are good to go. Hasn't happened for a good while. It's a camera that likes to be used. The metering is excellent, mostly.
    Rob, it doesn't even take that to reset the camera. Just press the battery check button behind the palm door. I hear the lock on the battery tray is breakable.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a T90 and like it a lot, I have never had any problems with it, but I wouldn't like to rely on it to earn my living with it if my professional reputation depended on it, I would rather rely on my New F1 AEs. which aren't prone to the same issues.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like the F1 and AT-1 cameras. I've also had a lot of AE-1's w/ slow meters and slow shutters. Great lenses, but the cameras don't hold up like the Nikons.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    Rob, it doesn't even take that to reset the camera. Just press the battery check button behind the palm door. I hear the lock on the battery tray is breakable.
    The error kills any flash shots. Trust me. Usually when you get the error and aren't using flash the picture actually is recorded. Not so with flash. To me that makes the T-90 a useless hunk of junk. I gave my only T-90 away.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wass View Post
    The F1, F1n, FTb, TLb and TX were all fully mechanical apart of course from the meters. The EF was similarly fully mechanical apart from the speeds 0.5 to 30 seconds.

I used various Canon SLRs regularly from 1972 to 2003 with only one fault, a metering failure with an F1 when it was twelve years old.
    F1 and F1n are very good cameras but still expensive to acquire, compared to the average second-hand film cameras on the market. Considering the FTb, TLb and TX, they need mercury batteries to work with them, unless you use a separate lightmeter or the F16 rule.
    For having used several systems, I just realized Canon FD isn't my style, although the FD lenses are just fantastic and very much affordable nowadays.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Considering the FTb, TLb and TX, they need mercury batteries to work with them, unless you use a separate lightmeter or the F16 rule.
    You do not need to use a separate meter. The Wein Zinc Air cell (MRB) is a direct replacement for the original PC625 mercury battery used in all the Canon manual focus SLRs and many cameras by other manufacturers. It has exactly the same voltage, but is expensive. Alternatively The Small Battery Company in the UK offers an adapter that enables cheap hearing aid batteries to be used instead. I use them. I know that there is another company in the US offering a similar adapter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wass View Post
    You do not need to use a separate meter. The Wein Zinc Air cell (MRB) is a direct replacement for the original PC625 mercury battery used in all the Canon manual focus SLRs and many cameras by other manufacturers. It has exactly the same voltage, but is expensive. Alternatively The Small Battery Company in the UK offers an adapter that enables cheap hearing aid batteries to be used instead. I use them. I know that there is another company in the US offering a similar adapter.
    True, I had forgotten the WeinCell batteries that I used to use on my Spotmatic f before I got the camera revised. Anyhow I was just saying the few things I didn't like with the Canon FD, although it might looked at as whims...

Shooter
    35mm
    I am quite happy with my canon T90, and have never had any problems with it - though I admit I have not been using it much recently, so I will have to go back and check it. From what I have heard, disuse is the main cause of the problems people experience with the T90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It occurs to me that for somebody seeking a canon body to use with FD or FL lenses, but concerned about availability and/or prices of batteries, the EF could be a good choice. It has voltage regulation and so it can use the current cheap PX625A batteries that are 1.5V while still giving correct exposure readings. BTW it uses two batteries. I used one for 15 years and can recommend it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin