Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,489   Online: 1057

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Or some condensation.
    Maybe, but in my experience condensation usually gives diffuse halos, not those sharp pointy rays.
    I think the 55 is actually pretty well behaved, considering the overexposure (unavoidable) of the lights.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    In real optics , point light sources must appear as point images otherwise its a very bad optics. Look for point spread function. Nikon have the worst optics I have ever seen or used.
    I'd probably throw the Summicron 28 in the dumpster along with that Nikkor...
    http://diglloyd.com/articles/LeicaM/...Leica28f2.html (Scroll down to where it reads "One thing the 28/2 ASPH does very nicely is beautiful 10-point sunstars")

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bet that really hurts! :ouch:
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I'd probably throw the Summicron 28 in the dumpster along with that Nikkor...
    http://diglloyd.com/articles/LeicaM/...Leica28f2.html (Scroll down to where it reads "One thing the 28/2 ASPH does very nicely is beautiful 10-point sunstars")
    Oh dear, even my 50 dual range with umpteen rounded blades makes some nice stars when closed down all the way...better chuck it.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Micro lenses are corrected for use at short distances. They give the best resolution when used for closeups. They can be used for general purpose photography but with less than optimal results.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well lenses are not necessarily optimised for night shots.
    If you don't like a particular lenses signature then you need to be using a different lens.
    You do need a lens hood and no filter
    Most thin lens triplets will have two plane air to glass surfaces so double Gauss types should be better in general.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin