Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,478   Online: 984

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    small grip, cameras are much more easier for single handed carrying with one. I have them on my cameras i use most often. Some cameras require the accessory grip if you want a centered tripod socket, most common with rangefinders. I wrote a small tutorial awhile ago on the repair and mod subforum on how to make one for just a few dollars for the OM4T cameras, as that small oem accessory grip is rare and expensive.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Space the final (sic gbag) frontier...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I used my EOS3 with the PBE2 "grip" fo years, and although I loved the look of the camera with it, started developing some disgust for the poor thing as it was way too heavy. Since I removed the grip (I only use primes, no longer than 85), it sees much more use.

I thing the best one with a grip was the T90, which had an integrated grip that was just right in the hand. Bigger than this is overkill I think.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kitanikon View Post
    You cradle the lens in the heel of your left hand and focus with your fingers.
    Not possible with most of my cameras (35mm including SLR).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by kitanikon View Post
    You cradle the lens in the heel of your left hand and focus with your fingers.
    Hi Agx

What I think is intended is place the baseplate (cassette end ) into palm at base of thumb.
    Use thumb and 1st finger on focus ring or aperture ring alternately. Or thumb, 1st and 2nd fingers on focus and aperture ring - OM1 excepted when the order is different and you can do speeds as well using three fingers
    I do this with SLRs sometimes but only for stability against both shake and the focus ring moving cause I prefocus.
    You may need small hands, I hook little finger under back of baseplate at sprocket shaft region palming the wrist strap.
    Pancake lenses are more difficult...
    An article on AP some time in 70s or so suggested this technique.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is better applicable. Though I mostly feel incomfortable with thumb and digit-finger forming an "U" and the palm directed towards the chest.
    But each camera takes its own style of Holding (especially important when maximum stability is reqired). Sometimes tiny differences in outer design necessitate a change of holding.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin