Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,429   Online: 845

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Value of Fm2n, 50 1.4 AIS and 35mm AI

Hi all,

I'm considering selling some of my old Nikon gear. I'm wondering if you could help me ascertain their value? I've already taken a look on ebay but experience tells me that gear is often overpriced on there.

I have:
    -2 Nikon FM2n's in really great condition. One is like new, with some wear on the eye-cup and on the bottom plate (from putting it down, nothing major). The other one is also like new, with a small fleck of paint missing above the nikon logo. Long shutter speeds are fine.
    -Nikkor 50mm 1.4 AIS - Mint
    -Nikkor 35mm 2 AI (I guess it's not an AIS, the min aperture on the aperture ring is orange, while that on the ADR ring is white) - Mint

I'm still on the fence about this. I haven't shot 35mm in the past 6 years or so. The only thing really holding me back from selling these, is that they are just so beautiful!
    I'm interested in buying a Rolleiflex so selling the Nikkons could hopefully partially fund that.

Thanks in advance!

(Please excuse me if I posted this in the wrong forum)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    this does look as if you're fishing for a sale without having to shell out for a sub so you can post in the classifieds ... or am I just a cynical beast?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have to admit I'm slightly offended by the suggestion, but I understand where you're coming from. To avoid any confusion as to my intents, I have just subscribed.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    look at completed sales on eBay, select top of range BIN, caveat sale with 'return if not satisfactory' condition.

Or ask one of the metropolis camera shops what they would sell them for and for what commission.

Or stick them in a camera forum buy and sell for 10% less than shop offer to you.

All the prices will be different.

You do need to be positive, if it has been converted with a factory setting ring to AI you need to say that. A new owner won't be aware necessarily. Their technical advice can be wrong as well.

Check the lenses for any trace of fog.

Last one was ''the spare screen is wrong for the camera", ans "it is the one that came with the camera try it it works perfect"

took lots of emails... the new owner a lady eventually tried it and confirmed her technical advise was woeful...

(A Nikon F2)

Shooter
    35mm
    When I sell on ebay, I look at the lowest price an item has sold for, then skip up 2 sales prices and expect that in an auction style. If it goes for more, I just feel lucky. If you want to sell it Buy it now, be prepared to wait a while if you want high dollar amounts, especially if there are a bunch of them sitting there.

Since you haven't used the camera for 6 years, run a roll through to make sure its all functioning. This assures buyers that it is still functional.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Things aren't imbued with an intrinsic value they are worth what you can get for them, they may be "worth" 1000 but if the maximum cash anyone is willing to give you for them is 100, that's what their actual value is, I have learned this from bitter experience .
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the replies. Didn't know that you could view the completed sales on ebay. That has helped me out quite a bit. I'll start from there to determinate a fair price.

Shooter
    35mm
    Two years ago I sold an FM2n in great condition plus the MD-12 in excellent condition plus a MC-10 remote control for $200. It was a local deal though the first contact was initiated through a regional photography website. At that time it was a good price for both - I could have gotten slightly more (especially if I split the sale into three) and he could have paid slightly less, but the fact that we met locally made the whole deal feel great. It was in the US, which generally means lower price than in Europe but also that it is easier to find a buyer. Again, it was two years ago and I have no idea if prices have changed since.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    you may find this site interesting.

http://www.apertureuk.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    just off the top of my head....
    FM2N: $75 - $125
    50mm f/1.4 AIS maybe as much as $125 but probably less
    35mm f/2 ? no idea.

keep in mind that you're up against KEH. So, if you ask more than KEH asks for the same thing, you're price is way too high. Figure about 60% of whatever KEH is asking and you'll do pretty well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin