Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,201   Online: 1167

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I found a use for mine . . . anything to blow through as much film as possible . . .

Fuji Press 800

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I cranked the F5 up once at the motocross races. It was the first lap and they were all bunched up going over a jump. A cool sequence.

Shooter
    35mm
    Not for the speed but at least on my FM and FM2N it provides balance and ease of use, but I keep them and my F4 in "s" mode

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you think of a 5 fps drive as permitting shots that are just 1/5 of a second apart they make more sense, because they enable short 2-4 exposure bursts that show quick transitions.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't find the 10fps drive on my elderly EOS1N particularly useful for photography involving considered, deliberate and slow (tripod-mounted) shooting; at 10fps, 36 exposures is gone in a couple more blinks shy of 3 seconds; I can imagine this churning would be useful in fields of science, research, astrophotography and some sports. If there is one benefit to the 1N with the power drive (offsetting the weight penalty), it is an enhancement of ergonomics and handling efficiency. But above and beyond that, getting 8 years from 8 lithium AA batteries (a lot of that with Bulb exposures) is very considerably better than the atrocious short power offered by the bog-standard 2CR5. I suspect other people here would also say that a drive enhances functionality and handling, comfort etc., even if you don't have a need for the top speed that is so often a selling point for bolt-on drives.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    I found a use for mine . . . anything to blow through as much film as possible . . .

Fuji Press 800

I didn't know you could throw a woman into the air...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    I didn't know you could throw a woman into the air...
    And not be arrested . . .

Not historic as the Muybridge Horses Around With Motion Pictures but it was fun cool anyway . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    Acouple years ago a friend got married, I wasn't the wedding photographer but I took along my 2 F3's, one with MD4 and one without. Being a bit of a nut my friend wanted to dance up the isle after the ceremony. I loaded the F3/MD4 with a 36 exp roll og Fugi 800 iso and put it on "c". They removed 2 pages of photos from the wedding phographer out of their wedding album and replaced them with 16 of the photos I took showing the wildest gyrations. So sometimes you need it, I could not have anticipated when the 6'5" Groom in a blue seersucker suit was going to throw a shoulder high karate kick toward the new FatherinLaw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikon Collector View Post
    Acouple years ago a friend got married... in a blue seersucker suit ...
    I hope that was a few more than "a couple of years ago).

Shooter
    35mm
    Always valued compact size and leight to speed so my OM-1 cameras have been used with no MD or winder. A couple of times in a few years it would have been handy but not enough to warrent buying a winder.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin