Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,498   Online: 969

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Geysers.

Shooter
    35mm
    I shoot weddings, so speed is important at key moments, but perhaps this is an exception.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even wedding can better use anticipation rather than spray shooting. [Of course the concept of shotgunning a weeding is not a new one in the South.] When I anticipate an opportunity to photograph a wedding, I run the other way.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    When I anticipate an opportunity to photograph a wedding, I run the other way.
    +1. It has been my experience that long-anticipated/frequently-delayed (photo)road trips very often coincide with wedding dates...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear BradleyK,

Sports. I bought an autowinder for my Contax RTS and it was a huge help if for no other reason than I didn't jostle the camera when advancing. It was too slow for much else but once in a while it came in handy. Then I bought a Canon 7ne for shooting hockey games which was dramatically faster. Lastly, a few years back my neighbor gave me his Nikon F-100 and it's amazing. The frame advance is great. So handy for all sports. (Also handy that it takes all those old AIx lenes.)

Of course having said all that, the two best action shots I have were taken with an old Yashica FX-2.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never needed the speed.

However I do appreciate a motordrive that moves along at 5fps much better than one that does only 1.5fps, even when shooting one frame at a time. The drives are noisy; the slower drives really drag out that noise. I hate that. I'd rather be shooting an FTb. For build-in drives I really do appreciate the near silent EOS RT.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin