Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,347   Online: 864

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    I used paper and elastic bands until once it fell off...That was not a happy day! I use sharpies now!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Sharpie brand pens work very well and can be bought with a fine-point tip. I don't know if they are sold in Sweden.
    Another vote for the Sharpie. I keep a black marker (retractable, fine point) in each of my 35mm camera bags for marking up the film cassettes for those occasions when I have shot the film in anything other than my usual EI. BTW: The "Sharpies" seem to handle colder temperatures reasonably well.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear McErland,

I usually use whatever is at hand. It obviously works easily on re-loadable cassettes, but it is pretty easy to write on the plastic container. Of course you have to make sure you don't mix things up!

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys! Bought a sharpie on Ebay now, since it wasn’t available here in “Nässjö” J
    I have tried “Permanent markers”, but the ink just dissolves, or retracts into small drops whenever I tried it.
    Mainly Tri-X or Arista premium rolls that I need to mark. My Lucky 200 is always shot at 200 so that is not a problem…

Shooter
    35mm
    I scratch the canister off the sidewalk or with a rock.
    One scratch pattern=800, 2 scratches=1600... This was by far my most reliable method

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just an aside, writing from most permanent markers (like Sharpies) can be removed with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. A tip in case you may need it.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I go on a photo trip I number each roll, for example H1, H2, H3, H4, H5 etc for all rolls shot with the Hasselblad. P1, P2, and so on for pinhole. L1, L2, L3 for the Leica.
    Then I carry a note book and write down the pertinent info like lighting conditions. Works for me! I like the idea of taking a picture of a note with 'place, time, people's names, etc)
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    P+1, P+2
    or P–1, P–2 etc.

Permanent markers are unreliable if the film is going to be handled a lot, so I write details on (fine point DVD marker) a piece of narrow masking tape and secure the leader / roll end with that. That piece of tape then is attached to the job sheet on return from the lab so I know everybody has seen it.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Scratching is exactly what I did the last time. With a knife, I wrote a terrible 8. ..
    My Color film is developed by my local shop, and they cant push C-41, just pull so I just shoot it at 200.
    I think I will start taking notes on my Iphone on important shots. But
    One of the things I like is to develop a roll and not knowing what will come out, but perhaps it is worth it in the end to know some of the settings and when/where the shot was taken.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin