Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,544,008   Online: 1047

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like those Jack-in-the-box flash reflectors. But those Olympus "waver" reflectors are unique.

That large Olympus would have been as must have at the fleamarket. Never seen it before.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast14riot View Post
    The canon A35f is my favorite of the bunch, nice little group there! Seems like all the hipsters in my city have gravitated towards the 35mm P&S cameras and don't bother with the rangefinders, which is good for me since I can still pick them up for cheap. Seems hipsters have a way of inflating a market quickly...

Not calling you a hipster, btw, just making some observations, lol!
    I never saw young people buying a camera at the fleamarket. Actually hardly anybody...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    They're cute as can be. Quite the group portrait. I'm forever looking at these things in thrift stores, but the batteries usually cost several times more than the cameras.
    But you don't need a seperate battery for each camera. As you won't use several cameras the same time.

And there are not that many batteries types used. Modern p&s cameras take 6 different batteries at the most. And often there are working batteries still inside.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    But you don't need a seperate battery for each camera. As you won't use several cameras the same time.

And there are not that many batteries types used. Modern p&s cameras take 6 different batteries at the most. And often there are working batteries still inside.
    I have bought thrift-store cameras just for the batteries in them, because they are more expensive than the cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast14riot View Post

Not calling you a hipster, btw, just making some observations, lol!

-Xander
    You can call me a hipster anytime. At 54, that's a serious complement.

In fact, I have a Pandora station named Post Modern Hipster. http://www.pandora.com/station/play/1379653738859215215

Shooter
    35mm
    I've owned SLRs and Autofocus Point and Shoots concurrently since 1985 or so. My first P&S was an Olympus Quick Shooter AFL-S. I used it often for in-the-house family photos or just when I didn't want to take the SLR along - parties, etc. It gave up the ghost in the mid 90s after being dropped and abused for years.

I've also added one more since posting this a few days ago: a Ricoh FF-3AF. One just like this: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4276208730_3c8dc6d4c6.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	78392 It's a heavy little dude.

And I'm planning to do a comparison shoot of the 4 non-zoom AFs: Nikon L35AF2, Canon AF35ML, Fujica DL-100, and Ricoh FF-3AF. I'll post it after later this month as I'm getting a scanner for Christmas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice collection! I have a newfound soft spot for the early 80's first generation 35mm point and shoots, especially Canon AF35M's M-II's and ML's.
    Tri-X in HC-110 forever.

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tractors View Post
    Nice collection! I have a newfound soft spot for the early 80's first generation 35mm point and shoots, especially Canon AF35M's M-II's and ML's.
    Yea, me too. Most of the first generation P&Ss are built like bricks and have decent lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I never saw young people buying a camera at the fleamarket. Actually hardly anybody...
    Im not quite young, but in my 30's so still young to many. I buy quite a few cameras and bits of gear at flea markets actually. Often times, very expensive gear for stupid cheap prices! Managed to snag a Nikkor 50 f/1.8 AF like new in the box for $20, a couple nice Tamrac bags for $7 combined, many cameras all for under $20ea. filters, tripods, speedlights, and other goodies! But im a dedicated bargain hunter, going 40 times a year or so.

-Xander

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin