Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,974   Online: 891

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is a thread directed at a newcomer. And as such he most likely does not know about the inner mechanics of a lens nor is likely interested in it. And a newcomer cannot make anything from "Chrome ring " versus "nFD/FDn" Thus read my reply in the context of handling. And in this I am perfectly right.
    I have just returned to this thread after an absence. It should be perfectly clear that my post was not directed at a newcomer, but at you and the misleading nonsence that you posted and persist in.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thruth shall decide.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    going out this weekend to take some nice shots with my new 50mm lens of an old dam and park (thanks again to 2bits for the free lens!)

Also guys silver camera pictures turned out horrible underexposed and light leaks, so i'm going to stick with the black AE-1 for the time being, if ANY one can help ID what is wrong with the silver camera please dont hesitate to send me a message i have 24 pictures to show you to give you an idea of what it is doing, hell it may be my fault but id rather get some opinions on it first, and if any of my pictures above have flaws feel free to pick them out, i really love the cat photo as i think it looks awesome so dont destroy my love for it haha
    Well if you have light leaks most likely you just need the seals replaced.

As for the underexposure, take a meter reading with the silver camera and then take a reading of the exact same scene with the black camera. Your light meter in the silver camera could be bad.

Shooter
    35mm
    A 50mm lens is a good place to start. Use it a while and you will be saying to yourself "I wish it was a little wider" in this situation or "I wish it would get the subject up closer." Then you can go to a zoom or a wide angle or telephoto prime lens. It is all the learning process.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin