Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,634   Online: 1000

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Who suppports an SLR with their left thumb on the side? It's around the lens so you can adjust the aperture, focus etc. He was probably dreaming about the date he had the night before.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He was adjusting the aperture with his left index finger. The lenses had finger indents for movement.

His right finger is on the shutter release.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think I can read "Nippon Kogaku" on the lens ID ring, but it's hard to say what it might be beyond that. And I still think he has an AR-1 on the shutter release and will actuate the shutter by pressing the AR-1 with the second joint of his index finger, not his finger pad.

But more broadly, check out this other photo, Yoichi doing a "selfie" before that word was invented. I love the pipe and the Nikon SP!

Interesting man:born in Yonkers, NY in 1915, U.S. Army photographer in WWII, etc. Read more about him and see his White House work here:

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/1...om-the-inside/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikon AR-1 Soft Shutter Release (Boxed  New).JPG   20131209-lens-okamoto-slide-T7LQ-blog480.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's all you need to know about holding a Nikon!
    http://www.thestyleking.com/wp-conte.../Blow-Up-4.jpg

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yes -- a Nikon that you keep in the glove box of your Rolls Royce, IIRC!

and don't forget to extend that pinky!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Not just an F but a black F. He's a real pro!
    Hmm. I will have to keep a log re shots with my (black) F2AS bodies vs my (chrome) F2A bodies to test the validity of your remark: Possibly my F2AS shots bear the hallmark of a pro, while the F2A shots suggest the work of an amateur? lol
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Hmm. I will have to keep a log re shots with my (black) F2AS bodies vs my (chrome) F2A bodies to test the validity of your remark: Possibly my F2AS shots bear the hallmark of a pro, while the F2A shots suggest the work of an amateur? lol
    I can't help you there, I had a black F in pristine condition and sold it because it was too pretty to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I can't help you there, I had a black F in pristine condition and sold it because it was too pretty to use.
    Really?!?! I thought the "Too Pretty to Use Club" was exclusive to the Leica Fanboy contingent of the analogue community... (Yes, I know, I own a pair of M6s, but mine are fed a fairly steady diet of HP5/Tri-X...with a little bit of E100G thrown in for good measure!).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    He was adjusting the aperture with his left index finger. The lenses had finger indents for movement.

His right finger is on the shutter release.

PE
    What about the focus ring? One finger? Indents assist but one finger? No thumb? Who does that?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin