Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,542   Online: 891

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like it could be an early 35/1.4 with the metal screw in hood, mine looks very similar. Or a 35/2 or a 50/2.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    What about the focus ring? One finger? Indents assist but one finger? No thumb? Who does that?
    I believe that that was my error. That is the focus ring. Old Nikon lenses could be focused with one finger. Newer ones cannot. I just tested 2 old and 2 new lenses and could focus the old ones with my index finger. The older zoom lenses could be zoomed with one finger as well.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    Yes -- a Nikon that you keep in the glove box of your Rolls Royce, IIRC!
    ....along with the 85/1.8...

...and blow it up...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    Looks like it could be an early 35/1.4 with the metal screw in hood, mine looks very similar. Or a 35/2 or a 50/2.
    I don't think it's big enough for the 35/1.4; when was that introduced anyway? The 35/2 has the lettering on the outside of the filter ring, so definitely not that. So, 35/2.8 or 50/2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    What about the focus ring? One finger? Indents assist but one finger? No thumb? Who does that?
    With any of my 60s Nikkors that have been relubricated, I do.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    and don't forget to extend that pinky!
    Veruschka taught him that.
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Lens is a Nikkor-S 35/2.8... With respect to using an index finger to focus, just tested that theory. The only Nikkor I can't easily focus that way is my 85/1.8. Mainly because of the grease being a bit coagulated. My 55/2.8 is as easy to focus as my 50/1.4 Nikkor-S. So, it can be done with post 1973 Nikkor lenses with the rubber grip.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the older Nikon manuals such as the one for the FMand FE show how the camera should be held. now, that I only have one functional hand left.I prefer the heavy mass of the D800so I can shoot single handedly.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I prefer a heavier camera body. I have never used an autofocus or auto everything 35mm slr camera. All mine are manual focus and manual exposure. I have used an auto exposure F3 and was very satisfied with the results. But, for critical exposures, I still bracketed. My absolute best technical work was using the F3 and 55mm Micro Nikkor to shoot slides that were projected to be 6 ft tall. Ektachrome 64T, over or under 1 stop (don't recall), unreal detail.

I used my MicroNikkor on my daughters Dsomething and was quite surprised. First, the camera was lighter than the lens. Second, once I zoomed in on the exposure the results were passable.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    the older Nikon manuals such as the one for the FMand FE show how the camera should be held. now, that I only have one functional hand left.I prefer the heavy mass of the D800so I can shoot single handedly.
    I seem to recall Nikon in an ad mentioning how the mass of its cameras helps steady them. An oblique slap at Olympus, I thought, who had mountaineer Sir Christian Bonington shilling for them in ads that made a deal of the light weight of the Olympus cameras. (Glad the weight works for you.)
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin