Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,052   Online: 964

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yeah +1 on the focus with a finger, especially with the older lenses the more you used them the smoother they got (unless you dropped it). Remember the F's have the shutter release towards the rear edge of the camera, from the shooting angle its hard to see where it is. The moved it forward for the F2 and then Right in the Middle for the F3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    I seem to recall Nikon in an ad mentioning how the mass of its cameras helps steady them. An oblique slap at Olympus, I thought, who had mountaineer Sir Christian Bonington shilling for them in ads that made a deal of the light weight of the Olympus cameras. (Glad the weight works for you.)
    Interesting - I switched from Olympus to Nikon about ~1993; I'm quite sure the combination of more mass and a slightly larger body to hold on to helps with sharpness. The larger body was one of the reasons for my switch.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Interesting - I switched from Olympus to Nikon about ~1993; I'm quite sure the combination of more mass and a slightly larger body to hold on to helps with sharpness. The larger body was one of the reasons for my switch.
    I replaced some of the larger earlier Nikkor lenses as Nikon introduced more compact versions, liking their balance on the "naked F"...only to reclaim some of the older larger/heavier versions when I got the larger dSLR bodies, liking the balance that the larger lenses had on them.
    ...while keeping the more compact versions for the smaller dSLR bodies...and the F.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kitanikon View Post
    I replaced some of the larger earlier Nikkor lenses as Nikon introduced more compact versions, liking their balance on the "naked F"...only to reclaim some of the older larger/heavier versions when I got the larger dSLR bodies, liking the balance that the larger lenses had on them.
    ...while keeping the more compact versions for the smaller dSLR bodies...and the F.
    Lenses like the 50/2, 28/3.5, and 35/2.8 balance perfectly on the naked F and Nikkormats, they're also excellent performers. I had a 35/2.8 and traded it off (for a 9 1/2" Dagor in Compound) because the corners were slightly darker than the 35/2 at apertures larger than about f:4. I kinda wish I'd kept the 2.8... the 2 was free.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about the original Nikon Zoom? A monster that now can be made to fit in the palm of your hand. It was a sensation in its time!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    How about the original Nikon Zoom? A monster that now can be made to fit in the palm of your hand. It was a sensation in its time!

PE
    Zooms. Feh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From 1968: How to Hold a Nikon

But would that work for Minolta?

Interested readers want to know!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    From 1968: How to Hold a Nikon

But would that work for Minolta?

Interested readers want to know!
    Ask Ralph or Fred.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

PE
    Yes, I remember the 43-86mm; not an optical master piece, but the focal lengths and range were just right!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    If I held my cameras like that, people would wonder if my arthritis was acting up.
    I agree.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin