Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,743   Online: 1086

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

From 1968: How to Hold a Nikon

As seen on the NY Times website. Looks like a Nikon F, or could it be a Nikkormat? I'm not sure what that is on the prism -- it's not an "F" and it's too high to be the name plate. He must have an AR-1 shutter button installed, given how high his index finger is. I'm not sure my hands are big enough to emulate this grasp.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-12-13 at 10.23.01 PM.png 
Views:	439 
Size:	561.7 KB 
ID:	78411

Shooter
    35mm
    Notice how developed his left bicep is?

:-)

Shooter
    35mm
    That's definitely an F, check out the pc connector. His finger isn't over a shutter button I don't think, it's just floating. If it were a Nikkormat the strap lugs would be forward where the PC connector is and there would be a shutter button under his finger. At least that's the arrangement on my F vs my Nikkormat FT2.

Very cool picture, by the way!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not just an F but a black F. He's a real pro!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I held my cameras like that, people would wonder if my arthritis was acting up.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm not sure when the soft releases became popular. But real men (and real photographers) toughed it out and didn't resort to such devices. My comment is "tongue in cheek," by the way, which means that it shouldn't be taken seriously.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK guys, what lens is he using? I think a 35 or 50, definitely not the 35/2, but maybe the 35/2.8. It looks like it has that sort of hood, but I can't be sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    I'm not sure when the soft releases became popular. But real men (and real photographers) toughed it out and didn't resort to such devices. My comment is "tongue in cheek," by the way, which means that it shouldn't be taken seriously.
    His finger's not over the release, which is towards the back of the Fs. I think he's in the process of wrapping his right hand around the camera, having just brought it up with his left - this would account for the awkward grasp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Not just an F but a black F. He's a real pro!
    A black F with a standard, non-meter prism. A pro's pro.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is a Nikon. Nikkormats had the full name on the prism front! US versions had that name and Japanese and other Asian versions had Nikomat on the front. I have both.

PE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin