Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,769   Online: 960

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have had several: Rollie 35 is nice but weighs a ton and is bulky. You can't carry in any reasonable pocket; it like a little brick. Your posting has encouraged me to sell my Olympus XA on APUG. Great pocket camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yashica t4 if you can find it.
    we wore ours out.
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a spare autofocus Canon Snappy LX. Tenspot and shipping. Keep you shooting while you are making a quality decision.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Olympus XA is excellent and very pocketable, but certainly different than a Minolta SLR.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Konica C35 Automatic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love my Olympus Stylus Epic. It fits nicely in my pocket!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about this one mentioned by Matt above, and just listed?

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Canonet QL17GIII is what I ended up getting when I was looking for one. Nice fast 40/1.7 fixed lens, decent viewfinder with parallax correction framelines and meter readings visible. Meter only works in the AE (shutter priority) mode, but the camera can be shot manually. Very small, very solidly built. Can't say whether it is better or worse than any other compact 35, but it works for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Olympus XA, w/flash.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it is an SLR you desire, then consider a Pentax MX. This is one of, if not the, smallest SLR's ever made in 35mm. Affordable? Prices run the gamut from high to low. Pocketable? Depends on the size of the pocket, but it can be done reasonably well. After the LX this is the best Pentax ever made in my opinion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MX vs Hi-Matic 01.jpg   MX vs Hi-Matic 02.jpg   MX vs Hi-Matic 03.jpg   MX vs Hi-Matic 04.jpg  

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin