Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,187   Online: 1166

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I love my Rollei B35.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not the first to suggest Olympus XA but if you are looking for a camera to keep in your pocket it is a very good choice.

Shooter
    35mm
    XA is an excellent choice. Also consider the XA2 for quick action without caring much about focusing. It is a zone focusing camera with three focusing options that takes care of things pretty quick. For more control over your shots XA suits better.
    Both have optics that amaze with lots of sharpness, saturation and contrast.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    depends on the size of your pockets:

olympus XA or XA4
    olympus Mju II (Stylus Epic in the USA! I think)
    olumpus SP
    petri color 35
    Minox 35

Stefan

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jwd722 View Post
    A Minolta Hi-Matic 7 series will fill the bill nicely. Small: 4.5 wide, 2.25 deep, 3 tall, light, very sharp lens and anywhere from a few dollars to about a hundred (too much). Many can be had for fifty dollars or less. I've had mine for years and bought it for fifteen dollars with a Minolta Auto 14 flash.
    I have a Minolta HiMatic 7S - excellent camera with outstanding image sharpness. It's my favorite rangefinder in fact, but I wouldn't call it a pocket sized camera. It's about the same size as an SLR with a standard 50mm lens.

I think egemily is looking for a true pocket film camera that has the look of an older SLR or rangefinder. I remember Canon made a 35mm film point and shoot around 1999 or so that had a retro look - can't remember the name of it however.

There is also the Olympus LT-1, and Olympus LT Zoom 105. Both a little fat but certainly a cool retro look.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If it's a jacket pocket that you want to put the camera into along with keys, coins, lint-spreading tissues, pocket knife and other battering impedimenta, you might consider a little folding camera like the Certo Super Dollina II. It protects itself by being a folder, no lens cap to lose or fall off in your pocket leaving the lens at the mercy of your pocket's contents and your greasy finger tips when you reach inside to get your camera out. The range finder is coupled and the view finder corrects itself for parallax when working close up. The lens is a Tessar 2.8/50 rendering sharp negatives good enough for a fair degree of enlargement. They are not expensive either. One went on eBay recently for $80...

RR
    Last edited by Regular Rod; 12-15-2013 at 08:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I like the Olympus Mju II (also called: Stylus Epic in the USA).
    See: http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Olympus_mju_II
    It has very good autofocus, trustworthy light meter and easy to handle. It is quick and waterproof.
    And it fits right into any pocket. It has a fixed focus lens: 35mm, f/2.8.
    It can be found as cheap as $30 sometimes.

I bought mine in 2007 and used it to shoot one image a day. Now I take it along whenever I can't or won't take a (larger) camera with me. I even use it as a real Point&Shoot without using the view finder for a quick shot, when the family is waiting, and with good results!
    Especially in B&W.

Recommended.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	olympus-stylus-II-closed.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	78493 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	olympus-stylus-II-open.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	78494 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	olympus-stylus-II-open-black.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	78495
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by egemily View Post
    I want to find a small pocket sized 35mm film camera, that i can take everywhere with ease that is affordable. What are some camera I should look into?

(Preferably with the same styles like the Minoltas SRT and many other film camera of that time)
    The SRT was typical SLR size - and weight, of that time. Olympus released the Pen series to address the size of the body and lenses but at the cost of cutting the already small film format in half. Olympus later released the full frame OM series that provided this small size with a huge viewfinder without sacrificing film size. Pentax M series followed suit and kept the more traditional control layout. The Olympus Epic was even smaller but of course it is as far away from the Minolta SRT style as you can get as it is only has autoexposure.

So if you're looking for a fully manual SLR like the SRT, I believe the Pentax MX with a 40mm f2.8 pancake lens is the smallest full frame all metal 35mm fully manual SLR combination that may fit a jacket pocket.

Shooter
    35mm
    What, no Olympus 35RC!

Small, full manual or shutter priority auto, fine lens and affordable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got some great shots on my Minox 35, however, does not have the best reputation for reliability.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin