Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,470   Posts: 1,570,912   Online: 902

Shooter
    35mm

Epson v370: scanner for 35mm B&W negatives

I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the Epson v370 scanner? I'm looking only to scan my negs so I can decide which photos I want enlarged in the darkroom. However, I'm not sure about the quality of this scanner. I'm also considering the v550 for $50 more. I have no knowledge or experience with scanners/scanning 35mm. Any help is appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before this thread gets shot down in flames for talking about scanning, I'll just say to get the V750.
    Or even if you get a lesser model, get a Betterscanning vari-height wet-mount and learn how to calibrate and use it, results are sooo much better than stock epson holders...

*ducks for cover*
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Before this thread gets shot down in flames for talking about scanning, I'll just say to get the V750.
    Or even if you get a lesser model, get a Betterscanning vari-height wet-mount and learn how to calibrate and use it, results are sooo much better than stock epson holders...

*ducks for cover*
    QFE. He speaks the truth
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    if only for 35mm, try the Konica Minolta Dimage scan dual IV. Cheap on the used market and very good.

Stefan

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post

*ducks for cover*
    A 750 in Australia?

But I do concur. Get the 700/750.

(waiting for the standard DPUG response in 5,4,3,2....)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphmngo View Post
    I'm looking only to scan my negs so I can decide which photos I want enlarged in the darkroom.
    How much "quality" do you need, then?

The lesser scanners are probably OK for this purpose. The Minolta IV is what I use, though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    way off topic. We might as well discuss what type of vehicle to drive to the photo lab.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is off topic, you have a few answers, and if you use the search function you'll find some more information on scanners, but better to ask over at DPUG.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin