Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,145   Online: 999

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I do research and try to find the best price that is good for both me and buyers. It's the way low offers that annoy me a little. I politely reply and tell them I can't go that low and thank them. It seems to happen no matter what price or item. I wonder if people do it on purpose just to do it and see if someone will bite.

Shooter
    35mm
    A lot depends on want or need. I may want something but not need it, and as such I would only pay X for it. If I need it and have the money X becomes X + Y. If I need it but only have Z dollars, I may offer someone Z dollars if it's somewhere in the ballpark.

If I just WANT something and have no money... well, that's story of my life.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I did buy from one idiot on another forum who sent me repeated messages when I didn't pay him after two minutes. Seriously, repeated messages after two minutes.

When I buy here or elsewhere, I always send a note saying when I plan to pay (although a 10-minute wait was too long for that idiot).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Most people selling on Dregslist are listing something like a Pentax K1000 for something like $250.00. Yeah, right. I'm going to jump all over that deal, for sure.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Most people selling on Dregslist are listing something like a Pentax K1000 for something like $250.00. Yeah, right. I'm going to jump all over that deal, for sure.
    AH yes, the $250+ professional K1000. I see that often. (Nothing against the K1000!)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    But Tom, it's extremely rare and in mint condition!

I like it when they don't understand that a Kodak Brownie is not worth a lot of money. Like Rick on Pawn Stars says, "Just because somethings old doesn't mean it's worth money!".

Shooter
    35mm
    Recently saw a Nikon FM10 on Craigslist for $400, less than 2 weeks after I gavfe one away on here. my biggest complaint with craigslis is the dozens of responces that I get and never hears from them again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikon Collector View Post
    Recently saw a Nikon FM10 on Craigslist for $400, less than 2 weeks after I gavfe one away on here. my biggest complaint with craigslis is the dozens of responces that I get and never hears from them again.
    The over priced FM10. Seen that too!

That was my big pet peeve for a while, but I don't consider any of these people who reply as buyers until they seem responsive and actually show interest. I consider them just window shoppers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    A lot depends on want or need. I may want something but not need it, and as such I would only pay X for it. If I need it and have the money X becomes X + Y. If I need it but only have Z dollars, I may offer someone Z dollars if it's somewhere in the ballpark.
    +1

People here, on this forum and LFF are generally quite the friendly bunch in my experience, so far.
    I generally do not like making an offer - unless I know how the seller prices their goods - some might sell to a big markup, some at break-even. Hard to guess!

On eBay though, there was this one seller, who wasnt just rude but had the ridiculous notion that the 'make an offer' button existed solely for someone to offer him a higher price than the buy-it-now price.
    Even there, however, 3 of 5 people are courteous.

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    One thing to bear in mind is that things aren't time limited on APUG and similar forums, unless the buyer says so, so patience is a virtue. I'm usually not too rushed to sell things, so I'm happy to wait several months for a reasonable offer, or I'll put it on eBay, if I just want to get it out of the way.

APUG regards the classifieds as a space for private transactions between individuals who may arrange their transaction any way they want, as long as it doesn't otherwise become destructive to the community. So you can post "best offer" deals or even stage an auction with whatever rules you want (as long as it doesn't become disruptive to the forum). The most effective stratedgy, however, is to make a normal classified ad stating a price you would be happy with, and it will come.

D,.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin