Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,042   Online: 969

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I understand actual shipping + material / time costs. $1-2 on top of actual costs, I understand. But anymore than that is crazy. I do appreciate people who charge actual shipping, though.

BTW, I subscribed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The few transactions I made here were OK: fair price and items in good conditions. I think it has to do with the fact an APUG sellers hang out here, therefore their reputation matters more here than somewhere else - like e-Bay or Craigslist -, those places being more trading places than forums.

I just regret not having an address in USA, since shipping is getting high and border fees taking its toll. That is unfortunate because I think that US distributors offer better prices in terms of gears and films than Canadian ones. But when it comes to e-bay, I try to buy Canadians in order to avoid custom fees. (The Free Trade Agreement is only favorable for corporations, not for the private buyers.)

Concerning the prices, I manage to bargain only when the sellers say he is willing to deal that way, otherwise I go on another seller. As a seller I don't bother a long time. After 2 or 3 turns on e-bay, I lower the price by 10-15%.

Regarding the shipping price, I tend to set a realistic amount, although I am aware some sellers lower the main price while jacking up the shipping prices. As a matter of fact, Adorama on e-Bay has a very high shipping price, even for a mere roll of film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If anybody's interested, the Charlotte Dregslist today has a Canon AE-1 complete with a Sigma zoom and a teleconverter. And all this can be yours for $250. That's right, just 250. Now don't trample over each other rushing to this stupendous sale.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    If anybody's interested, the Charlotte Dregslist today has a Canon AE-1 complete with a Sigma zoom and a teleconverter. And all this can be yours for $250. That's right, just 250. Now don't trample over each other rushing to this stupendous sale.
    What about an AE-1 that is said to have been never used in box with 80-205mm lens for $300

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    What about an AE-1 that is said to have been never used in box with 80-205mm lens for $300
    Well, a camera that hasn't been used on a regular basis might be a problem. I would not be surprised it should be CLA'd and the lightmeter could also be dead.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have bought more off this site than off any other. The members here know what kit is worth and the marketplace here seems to be self-regulating. I have never had to do any haggling and that's because everything I've bought here was almost ridiculously prices, in the buyers favour that is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wouldn't guess any AE-1 would be worth 200 esp with a zoom only. I see those locally for a 100 or less very often.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    Wouldn't guess any AE-1 would be worth 200 esp with a zoom only. I see those locally for a 100 or less very often.
    I find the Canon A series usually overpriced compared with cameras of the same configuration. At least in local re-sell websites. Such a body with a 50mm lens is very often offered at 150$, although those same cameras are not even CLA'd by the seller. Considering the batteries required to make it work and the usual problems (squeak syndrome, EEE error with T90, etc.) happening with this serie, I don't believe it is a good move.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin