Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,640   Online: 1116

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Looking for a 35mm half-frame camera? Suggestions?

I'm looking to buy a half-frame affordable camera that has that retro look (metal body), that is compact to carry around.

I've looked into the Olympus Pen cameras but wondering if there are any others out there?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, yes. Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    check the classifieds
    there is a pen ft being sold RIGHT NOW
    probably the rolls royce of half frame
    ( i have one and love it ! )

good luck
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm
    If you like real cheap Agat 18k
    But no metal !

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    How about the Univex Mercury? I think they're pretty cool looking.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had an Olympus Pen Ft in the past and they are really nice. The current stable has an Olympus Pen EE residing in it. I will be using an image made with a strip of 11 frames from this camera in a show this spring. The strip is 10 inches by 5 feet and is mounted on a box that size which is 3 1/2 inches deep. Pretty dang sharp images. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Years ago I saw some photos that Warhol took back in The Factory days w/ a Pen. They looked very good. They also had a full length portrait of Warhol that was something like 6' tall. It had been taken w/ a 35mm camera, and it looked great! Who knew you could do that w/ 35mm? Yes, it was grainy, but it didn't matter.
    Last edited by momus; 12-19-2013 at 10:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Universal Mercury (II?) that I have gotten some great pictures with. Good looking camera too.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    One of my all-time favorites is the Agfa Optima-Parat. It has a Solinar lens that is very sharp.

I've shot a lot with this camera. I always use it in the case, because the metal body is very slick. Almost too slick.

I have a review of the Optima-Parat here, plus a link to some photos. I have other photos from this camera, but I didn't make more slideshows. Got busy with changing jobs, relocation, etc.

If you like square photos (and have enough money), there is also the Zeiss Ikon Tenax II.

There is a Tenax I, which is a much simpler camera with a lesser lens. A postwar East German version offered this with a Tessar lens. And following that was the Taxona, which also is a compact camera with either a Novonar or Tessar lens. I don't have a review of the Taxona, although I've shot with it.

The Tenax II has either a Tessar or a Sonnar lens. The Sonnar lens, which is uncoated, is exceptional. I've shot the heck out of this camera. Love it.

If you're really looking for compact, there is a Pentacon Pentona with a very average lens, and a Penti, which often can be found in gold metallic. You'll need the Agfa Rapid cassettes, which you will need to load with film yourself, to use the Penti.
    Last edited by elekm; 12-19-2013 at 10:52 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added info on other cameras

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin