Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,977   Online: 806

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikon Collector View Post
    I had a FTbQL in 73 that had the split ring
    Me too. I like that camera!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two FTbs and one FTbn, and all have microprisms, which fortunately I prefer to split prisms.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, micro prism, not fresnel. I still haven't received the camera (seller had an unfortunate, unexpected visit to the emergency room right after I bought it), but it's shipped now, and should be here soon. Looking forward to shooting it. I miss my old FT QL. It had a dead meter, so it will be a change having an in-camera meter. The FTb will replace a very nice A-1 that I just couldn't get on with for some reason. Too many electronic features that just confused the shooting experience.

Shooter
    35mm
    As has been mentioned elswhere, the Canon Camera Museum website has many errors. I'm happy to have it as an extra reference though. A split image focusng screen from a Konica Autoreflex T3 can be transplanted into an Autoreflex T2 body but the T2 was never sold wth a split image screen. Once equipment leaves its manufacturer anything can happen to it. If you really like usng different screens the a Canon F-1 is very convenient. Cameras like tha AE-1 Program and the Nikon FE2 have interchangeable screens but changing them is more fiddly and there aren't as many choices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin