Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,894   Online: 1233

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lens Storage

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    A more primitive dry cabinet can be made of a box with a lighbulb in the base. The lightbulb warms the box, thus reducing the relative humidity to a level congenial to whatever is stored inside. Think of the old welder's trick of storing their stock of rods on a junked refrigerator with a lightbulb inside.
    Now there's something I haven't thought about for years. When in SE Asia for uncle sugars follies we had wardrobes(being generous there) with a small bulb in it to prevent mold & mildew. In more than two year no one in the platoon had any problems with it.

In a smallish cabinet even a 71/2 Watt lamp would do.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydebruyne View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone happy New year to you all. See you on the other side. Jay

I'm going to run with both hands..
    Better get water proof gloves
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Now there's something I haven't thought about for years. When in SE Asia for uncle sugars follies we had wardrobes(being generous there) with a small bulb in it to prevent mold & mildew. In more than two year no one in the platoon had any problems with it.

In a smallish cabinet even a 71/2 Watt lamp would do.

Good one, "uncle sugar's follies " is a new one for me. We had no light bulbs in ours. You just did our best to protect things from dust during the dry season. Think dry Georgia clay with the consistency of talc.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm
    Either a Pelican case or Tupperware type container with desiccant will work fine. For added protection you can put the whole container in a frost-free refrigerator. My Pen lenses are packed up and in the bottom drawer (the "crisper") of my kitchen fridge. They keep very well that way.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I really appreciate your time and answers
    I'm going to run with both hands...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin