Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,820   Online: 877

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Cheap camera for slides

Hi All,

I showed some projected slides to my brother who never saw slides before. He said he definitely wants to shoot slides. Not too much, some rolls per year. It looks so awesome, he said.

I'm looking for a nice camera for him. It should be cheap, small, simple. Forget about the slow zoom lenses, we're looking for something faster. Ideally it'd be a rangefinder with fast lens and matrix metering, if such a thing exists. Cheap is keyword here.
    I think it'd be nice if the metering would be optimized for slides like matrix metering in Nikon SLR-s.

Any ideas?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheap WITH matrix metering? And with a fast lens? Does he need a zoom? If not, how about a Olympus Stylus Epic? 35mm lens, f/2.8, awesome metering, although not matrix I don't think you can really go wrong with it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look up KEH used cameras.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Nikon L35AF would be a good choice. Small, fast and cheap, with a great lens and accurate meter, and simple enough operation for the neophyte.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon FA? It's not a rangefinder but it's small(ish) and has decent matrix metering even with manual Nikon lenses.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Define 'cheap', Nikon 35Ti?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by thegman View Post
    Define 'cheap', Nikon 35Ti?
    Nikon N80. It's cheap nowadaay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got a like new Nikon N55 body for my son from KEH for $6 a few months ago. That has matrix metering and can accept the fastest Nikkor lenses. The last few consumer grade Nikon 35mm SLRs are some of the best point-and-shoot cameras made.

Shooter
    35mm
    I second Nikon N80. You must have autofocus lenses though. I use one for traveling and it nails every exposure, has matrix, spot and center weight average.
    Can be shot full auto, Shutter or aperture priority, or manual.

The only things it doesnt have is mirror lockup and the lack of manual lens use.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yashica T4
    im empty, good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin