Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,600   Online: 885

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have my Epic in the car all the time for any kind of shot. I do landscapes and, particularly shots of the grandkids with it. Even when I am using other formats and film I will frequently take some with the little one. I usually load it with kodak consumer 400 iso print film. I also try to remember to turn off the flash when unnecessary. I have used some iso 100 slide film to check accuracy of meter and focus and found no problem. For the price I think it is the best bargain around. I hope I remember to get a spare before they are no longer in production.
    Last edited by harveyje; 02-16-2005 at 10:50 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correction
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice little camera -- I've carried mine around with me for a couple of years. The problems have already been noted -- it doesn't retain its settings once its turned off and you can't always control what it chooses to focus on. Because of the latter, I've switched over to a compact Olympus 35RC so I can focus manually.

Gene

Shooter
    35mm
    As mentioned earlier, the Epic is programmed to favor wider apertures, so that while you may get 1/60 at f/8 on a Yashica T4, the Epic will lean towards 1/125 at f/5.6. Some people who use ASA 100 film with this camera come to the conclusion, incorrectly, that the focus is off or the lens isn't sharp. But with faster film (Fuji 800 is almost as good as their 400), it produces great results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin