Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,727   Online: 809

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Check out the operation in A mode and make sure it's working correctly. I know you don't have instrument but you can check and see if it gives correct exposure with film. If the shutter speed indicated in the viewfinder agrees with the actual shutter speed.
    Next make sure in manual mode, the speed indicated in the viewfinder is the same as the speed set on the dial. Also the actual shutter speed is the same.
    If those checked out you need to adjust 1 potentiometer to correct the problem.
    If the camera behaves like I said above then the photocell is OK, the FRE is OK, the shutter speed control circuit is OK.
    In manual mode voltage comes from the photocell is subtracted by the voltage generating by the FRE (which is aperture and ISO settings). This voltage is then compared to the voltage generated by shutter speed dial to provide the +/- indicator. The voltage generated by the shutter speed dial also feed the shutter speed display and the shutter speed control circuit.
    The 2 possible things is first the adjustment went out of adjustment or the comparator amplifier for the +/- is bad.

Shooter
    35mm
    Chan, shutter speed in the viewfinder agrees with the actual shutter speed in both M and A modes. And the viewfinder readout tracks the shutter speed dial in M. So according to the two possible scenarios, are these easy adjustments to make and would the comparator amplifier need to be replaced? thanks for your help, i hope this is a relatively easy fix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    how does it compare to 'sunny 16',which in my opinion works extremely well;at least in the trusty Florida sun.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I've checked the meter in A mode against a digital camera and it's within 1/2 stop, so it's pretty good in that mode. But my M mode thinks the rule is sunny f/130! It's a low key effect.

Shooter
    35mm
    folks, my f3 meter is working again! great, but I have know idea why. it's been working for the past week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin