Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,684   Posts: 1,669,370   Online: 784
      
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 480
  1. #91
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    7,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Say that isn't so . . .



    That is the one major shortcoming of the F3, no pointy plain prism option . . .
    One of the reasons I dislike the F3 is was styled by Georgetto Giugiaro an Italian industrial designer and it looks to me more like a fashion item with the flattened prism top shape and the red stripe than a classic camera should, the F and the F2 do look like the classics they definitely are.
    Ben

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Europa
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    52
    O.k. we surrender. Canon F-1 is better.

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by vlasta View Post
    O.k. we surrender. Canon F-1 is better.
    I agree!

    Jeff

  4. #94

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    657
    Images
    25
    Why not just get both? The one that you reach for more often will be the one that you like more, in the opinion of the only person that really matters. I have an F1 and an A1. The F1 is probably technically the "better" camera, but the A1 gets more use. So, in my experience, better is not always best for me. The F1 is more badass, though, and would win in a cage match.

  5. #95
    SchwinnParamount's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    1,157
    Images
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by elcabezagrande View Post
    Why not just get both? The one that you reach for more often will be the one that you like more, in the opinion of the only person that really matters. I have an F1 and an A1. The F1 is probably technically the "better" camera, but the A1 gets more use. So, in my experience, better is not always best for me. The F1 is more badass, though, and would win in a cage match.
    I actually had both the F1 and A1 (yes, I *know* I is supposed to be F-1 and A-1, but I don't give a...), and I did get them in a cage fight. Now I only have the F1. The A1 was a real lightweight.

  6. #96
    Tony-S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    757
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnParamount View Post
    I actually had both the F1 and A1 (yes, I *know* I is supposed to be F-1 and A-1, but I don't give a...), and I did get them in a cage fight. Now I only have the F1. The A1 was a real lightweight.
    The F-1N and F-1(n) certainly have their advantages, particularly for shooting in manual mode since all the info is in the viewfinder. However, for aperture or shutter priority, the A-1 is a bit better because both aperture and shutter control are in the same location and can rapidly be changed with a single finger. Plus, it is a "lightweight", especially with the motor drive; it's a lot lighter than the F-1s with their respective motor drives. So, it's all a matter of what suits your needs - like always.

  7. #97
    SchwinnParamount's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    1,157
    Images
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    One of the reasons I dislike the F3 is was styled by Georgetto Giugiaro an Italian industrial designer and it looks to me more like a fashion item with the flattened prism top shape and the red stripe than a classic camera should, the F and the F2 do look like the classics they definitely are.
    Personally, I love the functionality and features of the F3. The looks? Well, let's just say that was the beginning of the end for the F series. When you get to the F5, you're rapidly sliding down the ugly camera slope. Ugly aside, it is my go-to camera for sports. Especially, difficult shooting conditions in the variable atmosphere of a cyclocross race.

  8. #98

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16
    These days the better one is the one some poor soul gives you along with the rest of the kit "because no one uses these any more, do they…?"

    Phillip
    Last edited by Mad4MF; 01-12-2014 at 03:36 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: kint spel

  9. #99
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    7,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad4MF View Post
    These days the better one is there one some poor soul gives you along with the rest of the kit "because no one uses these any more, do they…?"

    Phillip
    What do you use Phillip ?, the Nikon F, F 2, and F 3, and the Canon F1 and F1N are some of the best manual focus professional S.L.R.'s ever made as I'm sure many members of this forum will agree.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 01-12-2014 at 08:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

  10. #100
    fotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE WI- USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,587
    Whats with this looks thing? Your not dating a person, your using a tool. It it works like it should, or better than most other similar tools, its good.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin