Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,158   Posts: 1,614,155   Online: 1110

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516171819202125 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnParamount View Post
    Yep, that's right. Of course, when I want a perfectly still camera for a tack sharp image, I usually go to the RB-67 and a tripod. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever used the MLU on any of my Nikons.
    But you didn't answer the question of what feature one has over the other besides "looks" and "nameplate". For instance I prefer the LX's ability to aperture priority autoexpose a scene for as long as it takes - a feature that no other camera brand or model, past or present, can do. This gives me a photographic opportunity such as the 35 minute autoexposure example below on Kodak Ektar 100.

Hoover Dam at night

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But how many 35 seconds exposure do you get before the battery is exhausted ?
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    But how many 35 seconds exposure do you get before the battery is exhausted ?
    That's 35 minute not seconds. I haven't counted but quite a few. Besides, the batteries the LX uses are cheap compared to the one used by the New F-1.

There are not many features that are unequaled in the history of camera technologies like this.
    Last edited by Les Sarile; 01-19-2014 at 08:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Duplicate
    Last edited by Les Sarile; 01-19-2014 at 08:46 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: deleted dupliccate

Shooter
    35mm

Canon or Nikon

Which is better, Nikon or Canon? Pentax!

No, seriously. With my PZ-20, which does not require a KA lens to operate, I can use every Pentax lens ever made with the exception of the DA lenses, which are designed for the smaller APS-C image area. I would need an adapter only for the screw-mount lenses. Canon changed the lens mount when they went from MF to AF, Nikon has AI and Non-AI, Pentax has screw mount and K-mount, and all you need to go between the two is the appropriate adapter.

The camera I have has more bells and whistles on it than I'll ever use, and it was a bargain to boot!
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    But you didn't answer the question of what feature one has over the other besides "looks" and "nameplate". For instance I prefer the LX's ability to aperture priority autoexpose a scene for as long as it takes - a feature that no other camera brand or model, past or present, can do. This gives me a photographic opportunity such as the 35 minute autoexposure example below on Kodak Ektar 100.

Hoover Dam at night
    Actually, I've gotten auto-exposure times over an hour with the Nikon FE. Never tried it with the FE2, but I suspect there may be a few other brands/models out there that have this capability. Although I usually time long exposures manually to compensate for reciprocity - something the camera's meter can't do for you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjm View Post
    Actually, I've gotten auto-exposure times over an hour with the Nikon FE. Never tried it with the FE2, but I suspect there may be a few other brands/models out there that have this capability. Although I usually time long exposures manually to compensate for reciprocity - something the camera's meter can't do for you.
    Interesting since I tested all my Nikons too including the FE2, FG, FA, F3, FM3A, N2020, N70 and others.

I suppose the LX's real time off the film monitoring of the scene for lighting change - and adjusting accordingly, makes it unique then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    For instance I prefer the LX's ability to aperture priority autoexpose a scene for as long as it takes - a feature that no other camera brand or model, past or present, can do.
    My Contax G2 does this quite well. At least up to a few minutes. Have not tried any longer. I think my RX does too.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I have conducted exposures greater than 4hours with both my LXs.

I tested all my Canons and they all max out at 30seconds. The Minolta vary up to 30seconds.

Shooter
    35mm
    Delete duplicate

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin