Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,830   Online: 1106

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Cars are getting the same way. Most cars you can't even tune them up by a home mechanic. They're computerized and most mechanics don't even diagnose them anymore. They just hook another computer up to them and the car's data is sent over the internet to another country. This saves the shop from buying the repair manuals.
    Wrong.

Stick to what you know.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for that, Martin (wet blanket... oh, did I say that out loud?). And now, back to our regular programming.

I love my F-1. I love my F2. My F-1 will give me plenty of love at all shutter speeds regardless of battery state - except for the broken battery compartment spring (Canon, I hate you). My F-1 exposure meter is correct. My F2 is pretty, my F2 is "Nikon", my F2 is built like a tank but I have to set the ASA at 100 in order to get the needle to read correctly with 400 speed film (Yes, could use the exp comp dial). Your lenses are beyond compare.

Canon, I love you. Nikon, I love you for your lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnParamount View Post
    "... Thanks for that, Martin (wet blanket... oh, did I say that out loud?). And now, back to our regular programming..."
    LOL!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnParamount View Post
    Canon, I love you. Nikon, I love you for your lenses.
    Canon 'L' lenses are quite worthy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Which is precisely why, after experience with an OM4, I will never have a camera with an electronic shutter or is battery dependent in any way.
    Then perhaps the Nikon FM3A may interest you as I believe it is the only full hybrid camera with aperture priority autoexposure capabilities with batteries and full shutter speed control when batteries fail.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    :-) Now you stretch this way too far. The FM3A is on another league. I love mine, it is my all time favorite. It is a lot more capable than the others listed here, and for some weird reason I have never shot a single film with it. I just have it in its box caring nothing happens to it. (any doctors in here? )

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    But you didn't answer the question of what feature one has over the other besides "looks" and "nameplate". For instance I prefer the LX's ability to aperture priority autoexpose a scene for as long as it takes - a feature that no other camera brand or model, past or present, can do. This gives me a photographic opportunity such as the 35 minute autoexposure example below on Kodak Ektar 100.

Hoover Dam at night
    Actually, there are other cameras which can take such long autoexposures, the Nikon FE being the most obvious example.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sangetsu View Post
    Actually, there are other cameras which can take such long autoexposures, the Nikon FE being the most obvious example.
    The unique thing about the LX is that it is measuring the light in real time, i.e., during the entire exposure.
    Pentax only specifies 125 seconds, but in reality it will go until the meter determines that exposure is correct.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    The unique thing about the LX is that it is measuring the light in real time, i.e., during the entire exposure.
    Pentax only specifies 125 seconds, but in reality it will go until the meter determines that exposure is correct.
    The Yashica Electro 35 series of rangefinders will also take outrageously long metered auto-exposures. And possibly the Minolta Hi-Matic E and Olympus ECR, as they use the same metering and electronically controlled shutter as does the Yashica.

And I think that the Yashica Electro AX SLR (M42) will also produce similarly long metered auto-exposures.
    Last edited by elcabezagrande; 01-23-2014 at 06:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sangetsu View Post
    I previously stated that I tested all my Nikons too including the FE2, FG, FA, F3, FM3A, N2020, N70 and others too and not only did none of them went past 15 minutes but that the same body under the same controlled lighting will vary exposure times randomly. In controlled lighting tests, all the Canons I tested limit to 30 seconds consistently, the Minoltas randomly past a few seconds the Olympus were consistent but limited to a few minutes while both of my LX meter consistently the same up to more than 2 hours.

This one is more than 4 hours on Kodak Gold 100.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin