Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,525   Online: 1049

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the old F-1 and it only needs a battery for the light meter. If that fails use the sunny 16 rule, the rest of the camera still works.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I have the old F-1 and it only needs a battery for the light meter. If that fails use the sunny 16 rule, the rest of the camera still works.

Jeff
    I have a Nikon F. There's no place to put a battery.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Very true I remember even as far back as 1986 when the Canon T 90 first came I was told by Canon's national service manager ( who's name was ironically Malcolm Tester ) that they had to hook up T90's to a diagnostic computer to find out what was wrong with them.
    To my knowledge there was not such as T-90 diagnosis computer (a good idea though). At least there is no diognosis plug at the camera circuit to connect to a diagnosis computer.

I just bought a pristine but dead T-90. I shall still try to cope with the eletrical/electronical fault by means of multimeter and oscilloscope.
    Last edited by AgX; 01-24-2014 at 01:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I have a Nikon F. There's no place to put a battery.
    Are you sure!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    To my knowledge there was not such as T-90 diagnosis computer (a good idea though). At least there is no diognosis plug at the camera circuit to connect to a diagnosis computer.

I just bought a pristine but dead T-90. I shall still try to cope with the eletrical/electronical fault by means of multimeter and oscilloscope.
    I saw a reference somewhere to the earlier Canon electronic cameras being diagnosed via something that slid into the hot shoe. There are a bunch of contacts there...

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format

As I wrote my information came direct from the mouth of Canon's national service manager.
    Ben

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Three major circuit foils are interconnected by clipping rows of contacts together. Each of these circuits may have been tested seperately by using these contact rows.
    The clip itself may have contacts too. (I'm missing an apt photograph.)
    Just a guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Three major circuit foils are interconnected by clipping rows of contacts together. Each of these circuits may have been tested seperately by using these contact rows.
    The clip itself may have contacts too. (I'm missing an apt photograph.)
    Just a guess.
    I don't attempt my own repairs,as far as I'm concerned paying to have my equipment serviced by a professional is part of being a serious photographer.
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    "If the battery fails in New F1 there's nothing to stop the photographer from carrying a spare, I always carry at least 2, anyway even without a battery the hybrid electro / mechanical shutter speeds of 1/125 to 1/2000 sec. plus B and the flash sync speed are still available.
    P.S. Professional cameras are I.M.O. designed for professional maintenance not unskilled labour on the kitchen table http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...tter/index.htm"

Interesting, I just removed the battery from the F1N, and the shutter fires at only one speed.

As for "professional" maintenance, I have had more than one camera screwed up by so-called professional repair people. Canon Japan managed to chip one of the elements in a lens I sent them for service, and they told me that they were "unable" to repair one of the cameras I sent to them for a jammed shutter, they recommended that I buy a new one instead.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sangetsu View Post
    "If the battery fails in New F1 there's nothing to stop the photographer from carrying a spare, I always carry at least 2, anyway even without a battery the hybrid electro / mechanical shutter speeds of 1/125 to 1/2000 sec. plus B and the flash sync speed are still available.
    P.S. Professional cameras are I.M.O. designed for professional maintenance not unskilled labour on the kitchen table http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...tter/index.htm"

Interesting, I just removed the battery from the F1N, and the shutter fires at only one speed.

As for "professional" maintenance, I have had more than one camera screwed up by so-called professional repair people. Canon Japan managed to chip one of the elements in a lens I sent them for service, and they told me that they were "unable" to repair one of the cameras I sent to them for a jammed shutter, they recommended that I buy a new one instead.
    If your shutter only works at one speed without the battery your camera is faulty, I have three F1-N body's and all the shutters work from 1/60 sec to 1/2000 and B if the battery is removed.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 01-24-2014 at 11:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin