Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,338   Online: 883

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Da!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All I can say is after using them for more than 25 years,(and I have owned Nikon F 2's in the past) I wouldn't exchange my 3 New Canon F1' s for 3 Nikon F2 or F3's.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    All I can say is after using them for more than 25 years,(and I have owned Nikon F 2's in the past) I wouldn't exchange my 3 New Canon F1' s for 3 Nikon F2 or F3's.
    I think you're being a little premature in your judgement here. Let's see what a full 26 years brings....then let us know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    I think you're being a little premature in your judgement here. Let's see what a full 26 years brings....then let us know.
    Don't give up your day job.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Don't give up your day job.
    :-)

Darn you! I love my F2. Now I want to try a Canon F1!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    :-)

Darn you! I love my F2. Now I want to try a Canon F1!!
    I'm sorry for giving you G.A.S., I used to sell all these cameras Richard when they were current when I worked at a professional dealers I bought all my 3 F1N's second hand more than 25 years ago, and the only thing I've had to have done to them is recently when the oldest one developed a slow mirror fault because of dried out lubricant in the mirror mechanism that was easily remedied by a C.L.A by a camera technician that I got back last week. One of the things that surprises about these 3 bodys that were made several years apart is than when I tested their light meters against each other recently with a Kodak Grey Card and light meter of known accuracy they agreed with each other exactly which I'm very impressed with because they have never been adjusted since I've owned them.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ben. You are not helping! Since you caused this problem only you can now solve it: sell me one of those three bodies with a nice 50mm on it at a good price. It's only fair. ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ben. You are not helping! Since you caused this problem only you can now solve it: sell me one of those three bodies with a nice 50mm on it at a good price. It's only fair. ;-)
    Sorry they aren't for sale, but there's a nice one on E bay in Japan at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-F1-F...-/251441655488
    I know they aren't cheap but the Canon list price in the U.S.A. in 1986 was $1,057 with the AE finder and f1.4 lens which was a lot of bread at a time when the average house in the U.S. cost $44,000.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 02-04-2014 at 02:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin